PDA

View Full Version : Win 62A, Need Some Help

3StrikesNC
March 22, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, I need a little help.

I just received a Winchester Model 62A, s/n 3644xx, from a friend. It has rust on the exterior (30% ?), with some pitting. The bore looks really good. The guy was practically despondent because of the condition. It had been improperly stored, and he had used it when he was a kid with his dad.

Anyway, I need to know how to take it apart so I can do a good cleaning and see what I can do about the rust pitting. Anybody got a manual I can download?

Thanks.

3StrikesNC
March 22, 2008, 09:33 PM
Come 'on, somebody has to be an expert and able to tell me how to take this thing apart. :confused:

Rustic
March 23, 2008, 09:17 PM
The ones I've seen are takedown models that you get into by unscrewing the knurled knob on the left rear of the action. I don't own one but supposedly there is a diagram here: http://tombada3.net/10/news-top-20980.html

Good luck. They are sweet little rifles.

jrothWA
March 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
PM me I have NRA Shoulder manual with take-down.

3StrikesNC
March 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
jroth, check your PM.

Anybody else? I removed the Magazine Ring Rear Pin, but can't get the foregrip off.

Also don't know how to get the Bolt out.

Help welcome.:confused:

BTW, Rustic, I can't open the link you posted. Apparently there's a big risk using ActiveX with regard to virus and trojans.

3StrikesNC
March 25, 2008, 09:01 PM
I am redeemed!

Two days soaking in Liquid Wrench, an oak "drift" with a small hammer, and some courage supplied by TFL, .... and the mag tube came out without damage, the Foregrip is off, and the bolt is out.

Jroth - I hope you got my info and will send me the manual.

Thanks.