PDA

View Full Version : Para Big Hawg

rzbakri
March 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone have any experience with it? I'm getting a .45 and have it down between that and a Taurus pt1911. The one pro on the Para would be the hi-cap 14-1. Please help me decide...:confused:

snail
March 21, 2008, 08:12 AM
Para makes exceptional quality guns for the money, and the Taurus 1911 is also a great gun. The high capacity is one of it's advantages, as well as it's disadvantage. It is harder to find Para hi-caps than it is to find standard 1911 mags, and the Para's mags are alot more money. Both the guns should function perfectly. The Para will cost you more in the long run with ammo, mags, and gun cost.

AutoPistola
March 30, 2008, 01:35 AM
Get the Para, it's way cooler! If it fits your hand, go for it!

CDNN has mags for it, this year's catalog says P14 mags are $20!

David the Gnome
March 30, 2008, 10:43 AM
It is harder to find Para hi-caps than it is to find standard 1911 mags
That's not a fair comparison, standard 1911 mags are the easiest to find out of any firearm lol. :D

HappyGunner
March 30, 2008, 11:17 AM
I have the Para LDA 3-1/2" .45 in the single stack Mag. I tried holding a used LDA in HiCap someone had bought it and did not like it's feel in their hand. And also a small new Wart Hog 3".45 that had the HiCap Mag and both felt really too wide the Wart Hog spring cover dug into my hand and felt bad. The fellow showing it to me said he noticed it hurting his hand also. I really like my single stack Para and would not trade it for a Hicap Para.:)

shortwave
March 30, 2008, 05:04 PM
+1HappyGunner, same reason i went with para 45 carry companion-single stack and carry 9. both felt better:)

tranks
August 7, 2008, 11:23 PM
does anyone have a Para 1911 Big Hawg 14+1?

i've been looking around at 1911s as my next gun and this one looks pretty good. i just concerned about the width of the handle, is it any thicker then a gp100?

http://www.para-usa.com/new/images/product_photo/PX1445RBHphoto.gif

Double Stack
August 8, 2008, 01:45 AM
I have a Para Tac Four that I really like. The grips are a little wider than a standard 1911, but it actually fits my hand really well. Plus, the 13+1 rounds are really nice to have in a concealed carry piece. I also like the 4.25" barrel, and the fact that there’s no hammer spur so get hung up on clothes. I’ve been trying to sell mine for a couple weeks, but (seeing as it hasn’t sold) I think that might be a sign that I should keep it.. I know you won’t be sorry if you pick up that Big Hawg. Enjoy !.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34386&stc=1&d=1216843887

bushidomosquito
August 8, 2008, 02:42 AM
Looks like a nice gun. I borrowed a friends Nite Tac for a few weeks for a test drive to consider buying it and it worked great but that thing felt like a Desert Eagle with a steel frame and over 3200 grains of lead in it. I really don't like big words stamped down the gun either and Para's tendancy towards ebonics spelling just makes me :barf:.