PDA

View Full Version : ruger P-90DC 45 how good.

eastbank
March 14, 2008, 09:17 AM
just picked up a like new P90DC stain less steel in 45acp in box with extra clip and all paper work,for 275.00 was that a good deal and how do they stack up to other 45 auto,s. i have two 1911a1,s that i love but i,m left handed and think i may like the double action mode of the ruger, though it,s bulker than the 1911,s. thanks eastbank.

wjkuleck
March 14, 2008, 09:28 AM
A "best-kept secret."

Rugged, reliable, most are unexpectedly accurate.

As you note, bulky.

In all, a very competent pistol.

Regards,

Walt

haymaker
March 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
I paid $320 NIB back in the mid '90s. Compared to prices today I think $275 is a good price. I switch back and forth between the P90 and the GP100 for my bashing around the farm in my truck gun. I also have an older Colt 1911. The 1911 feels better in my hand until I start shooting and then it doesn't make much difference. The P90 is very comfortable to shoot. My P90 is a safety model. The only problem I ever had was during one shooting session it turned itself into DAO. I field stripped it, removed the grips, and squirted a bunch of Brake Kleen through it. Haven't had a problem since.

I also have a Beretta 92f and I prefer the P90. It has a better trigger and feels better in my hand.

I know cocked and locked is perfectly safe but for something that will be bouncing around inside my truck I "feel" safer with DA/SA.

Nekron
March 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
It's a damn good pistol; I have the decocker model. I hate the DA trigger pull, but when I shoot it in SA mode, it's VERY accurate.

Oh, and $275 is a hell of a deal! :cool:

snail
March 14, 2008, 03:47 PM
Ruger P-series are excellant weapons. Very bulky, but great shooters. I have always been impressed by the quality and performance of them.

eastbank
March 14, 2008, 07:12 PM
thanks guys,eastbank.

Ivory Grips
March 16, 2008, 05:37 PM
This is a gun for the real world. I doubt if it was designed for the boys who like to dress up in shorts and compete in those so called combat matches, knocking down targets and that sort of thing. The P-90 is accurate to the nines right out of the box. There's not a lot of add ons made for this weapon, and that's because it doesn't need any. The P-90 fits rock solid in my hands. If you want a gun just to look at, then you probably won't like this gun. But if your goal is a gun that is tougher than a government mule, accurate enough to shoot a hole in a paper target that's tighter than a miser's fist, then this is the gun for you. The P-90 is my favorite semiauto in .45ACP. Anymore Pistolero's care to chime in?