PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super Black Eagle II

grizz007
March 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
Not certain where exactly to post this question. Mods will determine this.

The ejection and feeding on this particular shotgun is "iffy", it does one of the 2 at different times. Bought with only a couple of cases of shells thru it if that. A curious thing when it almost chambers a round and not fully closes. On the other hand at times it will kick out a spent shell but not pick up the next round and chamber.

As mentioned not sure if I need to post it here or in the smithy. Is it a spring problem or .........?

Tbag
March 8, 2008, 05:45 PM
But I thought these SBE never had problems! Have you tried a through cleaning and lubing yet?

RUT
March 9, 2008, 07:03 AM
Also, what are you using for ammo?

mikenbarb
March 9, 2008, 09:24 AM
I own the same gun and it wont cycle light loads too well. Also, make sure the action is clean and use break free oil lightly on moving parts. DO NOT use dry lube! My gun doesnt like the film it leaves on moving parts and hangs up. My SBE likes at least 3-1/2 drams to work well but the heavier the better. Remember that this gun is recoil operated and is made to pound out magnum loads all day and is better at home in a duck blind and not the skeet range. Good luck with it and they are GREAT guns!

BigJimP
March 10, 2008, 12:59 PM
If its clean and lubed - it should cycle any shell, even 7/8 oz, as long as its at least 1200 fps.

It sounds to me like you need to clean the gun.