PDA

View Full Version : mossberg rolling thunder

docbone
February 27, 2008, 07:39 PM
Been waiting until one of the Mossberg pump models go on sale here locally, i was on the Mossberg site and saw the rolling thunder model. Does anyone have an info, looking for a HD pump shotgun. Thanks

Desert01
February 28, 2008, 06:44 AM
The rolling thunder is not what you are looking for if you want a HD model. The standard 500 with a 18 1/2" barrel and bead sight is pleanty.

hogdogs
February 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
DUDE THAT THING IS TACTIKOOL!!!
Seriosly I doubt that big honking flash suppressor is needed and I promise that the "heat shield" is a waste of steel... I have rapid fired 24 rounds of high brass ammo in my 20 gauge and the barrel was hot but not blistering so... If recoil is a concern than the pistol grip is OUT too.
Brent

docbone
February 29, 2008, 03:55 PM
HD was more of an excuse, really what I am looking for is a reason to buy it

3006mv
March 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/New/55605.jpg I like how they managed to get the brass bead on that thing (they are calling it a barrel stabilizer). http://www.valorcorp.com/products/product.asp?root_id=14&cat_id=14&item=2061085 Notice the difference in the two pictures the bottom one has a picatinny base under it and seems like some kind of threaded nut. I wonder if it is attached by some kind of threaded muzzle or choke tube; or press fit or screwed on somehow. I gotta hand it to Mossberg for coming out with so many different models (shotgun and rifle have you seen their .30-.30 and soon to come out .22 lever action?) something for everyone. Won't knock anyone for wanting to buy one. I have too many shotties right now but I would buy the part to stick on the end of one of 'em.

SilentHitz
March 24, 2008, 11:02 AM
really what I am looking for is a reason to buy it.......I want it is the only reason I need. :D Not what I would prefer, but if ya like it, go for it. ;)

RoscoeC
March 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
I personally think it has about as much practical application as TOABH, but what do I know? If you like it, isn't that all that really matters? As far as HD is concerned I think you would be about as well off with a good baseball bat. Actually, if you make sure it is unloaded, you could hold it by that [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] on the end of the barrel and probably swing it pretty well. Other than that I like it.

stevenaustin
October 20, 2008, 04:13 PM
this baby is awsome and my newest treat is a red dot with laser combo thats being put on as we speak
love the power
and is fun for me and my friends when were just blowing stuff up

Katrina Guy
October 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
thing paraded in front of the jury! Looks like something (to the average citizen-juror) out of an Arnold Schartzannager movie.
I hope this doesn't mean that the 500 Persuader is being replaced?

rantingredneck
October 20, 2008, 06:02 PM
That thing makes my eyes hurt!

Slopemeno
October 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
The stock 500 with an 18.5" inch barrel is a better deal. Spend the rest on practice ammo.

Scattergun Bob
October 20, 2008, 06:46 PM
That thing makes my eyes hurt!:D:D:D:D

That looks like the baffle off a set of drag pipes I had on Harley 40 years ago. Can we roast marshmallows on that!

My best to ya.

Ghost22
October 20, 2008, 07:03 PM
That would make one hell of a range toy, but wow it would hard to explain to the jury why you needed a gut ripping bayonet to save your life. Now, once the undead start stumbling around and a cheesy director pulls out a cheap video camera, then your in business.

I'd say get it if you like action movie grade guns, but please just use a "normal" gun for HD. Your lawyer will thank you later.

New_Pollution1086
October 20, 2008, 07:06 PM
why would someone do that to a shot gun. the on;y thing i even think i would want near my Mossberg is the nylon sling on the pump for my hand. [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] is the point of that "stabilizer"?

every shot a pistol grip, try before you buy.

waste of steel if you ask me.

T

Scattergun Bob
October 20, 2008, 07:55 PM
Getting back to serious stuff, Mossberg is a fine shotgun, my suggestion is to go with a basic 500 or 590 and get use to it. Once you know the gun and make the gun operate well, then blow some bucks on the KOOL stuff you want to put on it.

Scattergun Bob says, "they come out of the box simple, near perfect and ready to GO, you just have to learn how to press that GO BUTTON:)."

Good Luck & Be Safe

publius
October 20, 2008, 07:59 PM
I bet Gunkid will buy a wheelbarrow full of them when he gets out of the pokey.

stevenaustin
October 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
shes almost done
just need to change the pump grip to allow for m203 grenade launcher for those peskie rabbits jj anyways here she is with a red dot and laser combo
great for late night offense
and no i havent knocked over any 7-elevens it strictly for when there are zombies trying to take over.

stevenaustin
October 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
a few more pics

Dave McC
October 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Nice toy,Steve, but it's missing something.

WEAR MARKS!!!

zippy13
October 25, 2008, 03:12 PM
some new pics of my pest controler
shes almost done
just need to change the pump grip to allow for m203 grenade launcher
Whatz after that... a folding stock? :)

Scattergun Bob says, "they come out of the box simple, near perfect and ready to GO, you just have to learn how to press that GO BUTTON.:)"+1

freakintoguns
October 25, 2008, 03:28 PM
M203 huh? for rabbts? ok then

rem870hunter
October 25, 2008, 09:13 PM
looks wild steve. good luck finding the m203 for the shotgun. maybe just get an m79 and handload bird and buck loads.

10-96
October 25, 2008, 09:36 PM
Mmm... aside from wear marks, I didn't see any lugs for T&E Mechanism/Tripod- or even a bipod. With a tri-rail, he could mount night vision, FLIR, landing lights, torsion bars, etc.

New_Pollution1086
October 26, 2008, 04:56 PM
it looks like an exhaust pipe on those souped up rice rocket hondas.

I'm sorry that gun just looks wrong.

whats the point of that thing on the end.

T

Sarge
October 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry that gun just looks wrong.

whats the point of that thing on the end.

T

To capitalize on the movie No Country for Old Men.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x187/SargeMO/PumpMuffler.jpg

Dos
October 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
a few more pics
Attached Images 022.jpg (176.2 KB, 40 views)
025.jpg (180.3 KB, 33 views)
023.jpg (179.6 KB, 37 views)

Man, that is one wicked lookin' Flash Gordon Machine of TORTURE !
I had an electrostatic precipitator that looked sumpin like that, even had flashin lights..

I have to agree with other poster. Would hate to have that paraded in front of 12 jurors if used in HD situation.
Jury of 12 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: GUILTY !

New_Pollution1086
October 26, 2008, 06:55 PM
To capitalize on the movie No Country for Old Men.

haha, nice one sarge. at least his did something.

idk i just can't wrap my mind around why anyone would want that, also what about that heat shield, yah going into combat soon??

T

Sarge
October 26, 2008, 07:10 PM
What's cool about Javier's scattergun is this- look at the size of the hole in the end of can, as opposed to the rest of the barrel! That boy must have his OO trained to line up single file and march down the barrel like baby geese ;)

hogdogs
October 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
Sarge... Thanx for pointing that out. I have not seen the movie yet but will laff my but off when I do!
Oh BTW, In your signature it says "SEWING" when it should be SOWING...;):D
Brent

Sarge
October 26, 2008, 09:47 PM
Sarge... Thanx for pointing that out. I have not seen the movie yet but will laff my but off when I do!
Oh BTW, In your signature it says "SEWING" when it should be SOWING...
Brent

Ha! Good catch...I must have been 'in stitches' when I typed that ;) I'll fix it next time I get into my CP.

zippy13
October 26, 2008, 10:37 PM
Sarge
"Ha! Good catch...I must have been 'in stitches' when I typed that I'll fix it next time I get into my CP."

in stitches.... :D ROFLMAO :D

lgcaddison
December 11, 2008, 01:09 PM
I juss recently purchased a rolling thunder. i must say i absolutely love it. Dont get me wrong yeah it was pricey and the tip is kinda weird at first but it defintly grows on you and acts as a nice rail to mount somthing on.

Now im in a predicament of what to add. I was thinking about purchasing one of these http://www.combatstocks.com/ATI_Universal_Top_Folding_Shotgun_Stock_SALE.cfm
I mean the pistol grip is nice and i would prefer to have one rather than a shotgun with a standard stock, but sometimes u just want a stock to throw against ur shoulder when shooting **** outside. Im juss looking for some feedback. Also i was thinking about adding a laser sight for ****s and giggles.

1S1KWTD?
December 11, 2008, 01:25 PM
I purchased this as my first, and for now, only gun earlier this summer. This thing is heavy as hell, but it is fun to shoot. The first time I took it to the range it got a lot of looks. A lot of people hate on it but I don't care. No one else really has a shotty like this. I just put a pistol grip forend on it and I'm looking to get a Speedfeed stock for it. The thing will be even longer than it already is! If you have a home invader and they see that in their face I think they will just about [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] themselves, pardon the French. The heat shield really works too because my friend has "the breacher" model and we fired 6 out of them each and his barrel was hot and I touched the heat shield and it was as cool as a fan man.

lgcaddison
December 11, 2008, 02:19 PM
This was also my first gun and shotgun. The barrel is seriously intimidating. I would not want to mess with anyone that was wielding on of these bad Larry's

stevenaustin
April 8, 2009, 09:11 PM
gigaddy gigaddy goo

hogdogs
April 8, 2009, 10:07 PM
Steve... Ummm Junior says it is "GIG-iddy GIG-iddy... GOOOOO...
He is my "got to" on cartoon translations....
Brent

hogdogs
April 8, 2009, 10:30 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/hogdogs/P6300047.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/hogdogs/P6300052.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/hogdogs/P6300053.jpg

Jist us....
Brent

GetYerShells
April 9, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hey, everyone needs at least one good TactiKool shotgun at their disposal ;) I dang near spit my coke all over the screen due to the No Country for Old Men comment. I laughed for 5 mins.

ChattyMatty
October 31, 2009, 10:52 PM
As it looks crazy enough I want one too, but...is that really indoor-outdoor carpet you are home defending? REALLY? I mean come on dude, I realize I might be a little biased because I work there, but Home Depot only charges $139 (labor) to install new carpet in your whole house AND will give you a year's no interest to finance it. Seriously, instead of buying a laser, spend $100 on a couple gallons of paint, a keg, and get your buddies to come over and paint...then get the new carpet and feel good about what you are defending! And while you are there, pick up a handle for that empty dresser drawer.

I like the folding stock too, but I'm thinking if I am home defending I am likely naked and that thing might tear a shoulder to shreds?

-M

BTW-This is totally tongue-in-cheek, love the looks of that bat handle.

JerseyDrez
November 1, 2009, 01:43 AM
That Rolling Thunder is a waste of money.

Get a 500 and be done with it.

Oh, and screw pistol grips. Get one with a stock if you actually want to shoot it, instead of having it for pics.

SigP6Carry
November 1, 2009, 02:27 AM
personally, I say: just get a flat out shotgun in any build for HD. But, I also want to say: Hogdogs, those are some beautiful dogs you've got. I like 'em.

I personally think than any shotgun from a Maverick to a Franchi will do the job for HD.

Black Night Hawk
January 23, 2011, 12:22 AM
Here's my Mossy. Not what many on here likes to see on a shotgun but it serves my purpose.

sweet thang
March 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
:) there is so much testrone on this site i just have to speak up big boys. i have a moss 55605. i use it for home protection. if you use 2.75 in shells there is no recoil and you can shoot 6 rounds in seconds. pistol grip is great for ladies ---does not bruise my sweet 40in melons. this gun looks BAD---and makes a loud click when pumping--scares the crap out of any home invader. i take it on my boat in a ALLEN gun case when i go offshore boating off the virgin islands. also carry a glock 40sw--and a sig assalt rifle. my boy friend carries a thompson . ---plus a grenade launcher. DONT THREAD ON ME is not just a slogan with us.

dingdong
March 16, 2011, 06:59 PM
Can you tell me is the blade an M8 as trying to get one over this side of the pond for my 590

cheers