PDA

View Full Version : Advice on mounts and rings, Weaver Vs. Burris?

Inspector3711
February 27, 2008, 12:12 AM
I have a older Interarms Mark X .25-06 that I'm restoring. I have a early birthday gift from my Dad in the form of a Burris Fullfield II 3-9X 40mm. My choice for mounts is limited on this rifle. It's currently equipped with standard Weaver 2 piece mounts in gloss finish.

I'll add that in a couple of weeks I'm having the old worn out factory bluing bead blasted and replaced with matte black GunKote, barrel and action.

My tentative plan for mounts is to order the Burris Trumount Universal 2 piece Base # 410295 in matte. I also plan on ordering Burris standard 1" rings, low, also in matte finish part # 420012. Both should work well with this rifle according to the Burris guide. I also have the less costly option of refinishing the weaver mounts in flat black and ordering the Burris Zee 1" rings matte low part# 420083. The Burris guide isn't 100% clear on what height of Zee ring to go for on a Mark X but I'm guessing it would work okay.
Weaver Mount and Burris Zee rings: $23.95 plus shipping
Burris Trumount Universal 2 piece mounts and Burris Standard rings: $37.90 plus shipping
Any advice on whether I should save my money for other items and reuse the Weaver mounts? Are Burris mounts worth the expense? What are the advantages of one over the other?