PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop the Violence!!!

Badger Arms
July 28, 2000, 12:38 AM
Hello, I am a concerned citizen. I believe it is our duty as health care providers to educate ourselves on how to prevent handgun violence. That is why I, in cooperation with the Center for the Prevention of Handgun Violence am suggesting that all of you health care providers out there order one of the kits mentioned on this page. Handgun Control Incorporated and Surgen General C. Everett Koop have endorsed this package for use in advising childern and naive adults on the dangers of handguns.

Please go to the link at the end of this page only if you have or will have a health-care sounding name when you order these important packets. Don't order more than one becuase HCI is spending money on postage and assembly of these important kits. Even if you have hundreds of patients a week, don't order more than one. Thank you all for your warm-hearted support of Sarah Brady and her cause.

http://www.cphv.org/stop.html

madison46
July 28, 2000, 01:06 AM
Any doctor probes my personal freedom choices is going to have a severe tonque lashing - right before he is fired. It will be an unpleasent experience for him/her.

Since you are so 'informed' you won't mind reading this
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/gunfacts.pdf

nor will you mind knowing that Iron Tablets are a greater hazard to childern.

madison46

ps. All info in above link is footnoted if you think you can refute it. Also, new research out today shows TV, Movies, games induce violence. The favorite movie of Columbine killers - Natural Born Killers. Please probe the entertainment choices of the patients as well- or push to ban them.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by badgerarms:
Hello, I am a concerned citizen. I believe it is our duty as health care providers to educate ourselves on how to prevent handgun violence. That is why I, in cooperation with the Center for the Prevention of Handgun Violence am suggesting that all of you health care providers out there order one of the kits mentioned on this page. Handgun Control Incorporated and Surgen General C. Everett Koop have endorsed this package for use in advising childern and naive adults on the dangers of handguns.

Please go to the link at the end of this page only if you have or will have a health-care sounding name when you order these important packets. Don't order more than one becuase HCI is spending money on postage and assembly of these important kits. Even if you have hundreds of patients a week, don't order more than one. Thank you all for your warm-hearted support of Sarah Brady and her cause.

http://www.cphv.org/stop.html [/quote]

Keiller TN
July 28, 2000, 08:29 AM
Badgerarms, handguns are a fact of life in our country. Why don't the schools educate kids about guns. They could have some great gun safety classes for the students. We should assume that even kids raised in gun free homes will come across a handgun sometime. They should be trained in how to handle it safely rather than in ignorance. Hey, a lot of kids are not getting much out of school as it is, they could be getting something practical with this training. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would teach gun safety free of charge, so it would not be a cost to the schools.
Have a nice day.

------------------
Alexander Solzhenitzyn:
"Freedom is given to the human conditionally, in the assumption of his constant religious responsibility."

TheBluesMan
July 28, 2000, 08:50 AM
Uh-Huh.

Do I notice your tongue in your cheek a bit there badger??? :)

I think that Dr. BluesMan is going to order 25 of these packets from Sarah Brady's generous organization for distribution to his "patients."

Sure is nice of them to pay for all the copying, collating, handling and postage too! ;)

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Except for Hamilton County until August 11th. (http://www.saf.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/OhioCarryTRO.htm)
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website (http://www.ofcc.net)

Oatka
July 28, 2000, 09:02 AM
TheBluesMan -- Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, but I got the same "tongue firmly planted in cheek" feeling.

Gee, "Dr. Oatka" MUST order one of those. ;)

ds1973
July 28, 2000, 09:05 AM
Yes, I think I will require a few kits to "distribute" to the people in my department.. I think the key to badgers post was:

"Don't order more than one becuase HCI is spending money on postage and assembly of these important kits."

------------------
The first step is registration, the second step is confiscation, the final step is subjugation.

MBG
July 28, 2000, 09:31 AM
Before you go ordering 25 copies under different names, remember, this is how they bolster their membership numbers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
"HCI reported today that x thousand pediatricians have joined their cause today, and advocate blah, blah, blah."
[/quote]

Your name is more valuable to them than the printed material.

Marty

EricM
July 28, 2000, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MBG:
Before you go ordering 25 copies under different names, remember, this is how they bolster their membership numbers.

Your name is more valuable to them than the printed material.

Marty[/quote]

Dr. Phil McCrackin

MBG
July 28, 2000, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Dr. Phil McCrackin
[/quote]

Or - Dr. Anon Omus

Of course, HCI srubs their database to weed out the crank names. Don't they?

Marty

Rich Lucibella
July 28, 2000, 12:25 PM
I hate violins. If this will help stop the violins, I should order 100! Time to edvelop a plan.
Rich

Coinneach
July 28, 2000, 12:25 PM
So what's wrong with sax and violets? Kinda a relaxing, ifn ya ax me...

Dead
July 28, 2000, 12:52 PM
I think I will order a few hundered? I really want to see what is in those things. I for one DO work in the Medical Community, and have recently found a few doctors that enjoy shooting. :)

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

CindyH
July 28, 2000, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Is my family safe? (quiz)
Question #6: . Sometimes members of my family get in heated arguments, become sad, or frightened.[/quote]
please :rolleyes:

(of course, I wouldn't mind seeing an Eddie Eagle poster in my pediatrician's office :) )

July 28, 2000, 05:10 PM
Something tells me that there are going to be thousands of requests by Social Proctologists and Amatuer Gynocologists....

:D

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com (http://www.bladeforums.com)

Battler
July 28, 2000, 06:10 PM
You know what I hope doesn't happen.

I hope that people don't order these to addresses that are not their own. I ESPECIALLY don't ever want to know that HCI ends up sending these to TOTALLY FAKE addresses. I would hate to think that HCI woiuld incur the expense of having to deal with any possible returns (processing would be a bigger pain).

Please be honest and have the kit sent to your own address. That is, all the doctors on this board who wish to indoctrinate their patients. The rest of you, don't order them at all!!

Battler.

Coyote 6
July 28, 2000, 06:19 PM
Coyote 6

All the girls call me "Doctor" 'cause I make 'em feel soooo good. I think I need at least 500 copies!

------------------
"The more perfect
civilisation is, the less occasion has it for government." Thomas Paine The Rights of Man 1792

Ed Brunner
July 28, 2000, 06:30 PM
Proctologist!! Yeah, That's it.
"Rarely do I need more than this."
Jack Elam -Cannonball Run (I think)

------------------
You have to be there when it's all over. Otherwise you can't say "I told you so."

Better days to be,

Ed

Bob Locke
July 28, 2000, 10:42 PM
"Paging Dr. Locke. Dr. Locke, please pick up your rather large and bulky package from HCI at the front desk."

Badger Arms
July 28, 2000, 10:55 PM
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that you medical professionals are helping curb the tide of handgun violence...

And remember, assault rifles are handguns too or we wouldn't want them 'restricted' too.

Satanta
July 28, 2000, 11:09 PM
I( bookmarked the site...gonna contact the tow Veterinarians I worked for in Austin. They are both RKBA and one used to be head of the local NRA in Austin some time ago.

I know the clinic is always looking for more cage liners. ;)

------------------
Satanta, the Whitebear
Sat's Realm: http://SatantasRealm.tripod.com/Entrypage/entrypage.html

My Disability petition: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DisbHelp/petition.html

Steve McCullagh
July 29, 2000, 10:13 AM
Oh, there are PLENTY of clinics they can ship to... Take, for example, all of the affiliate DCM clubs in America (thousands). Plenty of doctors there standing by to receive the packets.... I'm sure those doctors will have no qualms about the two minutes it takes to post the information for their patients... [tongue firmly in cheek]
[this information is posted purely for entertainment purposes]

-sm

Futo Inu
July 29, 2000, 12:02 PM
So, if Dr. Phil McCrack is a proctologist, then I am a phallic urologist -- Dr. Heywood Jablomey

paratrooper
July 29, 2000, 05:00 PM
They claim an alliance with Surgeon General C.Everett Koop . He's been out for a long time . What is the time frame of this drivel ?

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA GOA

woodit
July 31, 2000, 01:44 PM
Please stop the idiocy!

Failure to protect oneself and one's family is intellectually indefensible, morally contemptable, and an offense before God.

Badger Arms
August 1, 2000, 12:27 AM
Please reread first post carefully. Now, are you a doctor? Shouldn't you be informed?