PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fullfield 3-9x40

GuateShooter
February 21, 2008, 01:28 PM
Im thinking buy one of this for my 30-06 anyone have a comment ?

funfaler
February 21, 2008, 01:41 PM
I have one, on a 308 bolt action Ruger.

Have less than 100 rounds with it mounted.

Very clear

Easy to use.

The Ballistic-Plex is only usable with the power set to x9, so it is a little too much power for my taste at 300-500 yards.

Click adjustments are easily made with bare fingers, but with gloves, may be an issue.

Other than the above, it is a pretty standard scope. Natchez Shooters has a special going right now with some good prices.

pjsjr
February 21, 2008, 03:26 PM
I have several(3-4), don't think you can go wrong, they're a Colorado company so I support them:D. The optical quality is very good as is their customer service.

I also have a Nikon Prostaff and a Leupold VX III 6.5 x 24 along with various other lesser scopes. HTH, Preston

jhgreasemonkey
February 21, 2008, 03:32 PM
In my opinion it is one of the best bang for buck deals out there. I had one on my 7mm rem mag for 10 years and abused the heck out of it. It held up well and always had excellent clarity.

bigbird34
February 21, 2008, 04:14 PM
I have two Burris scopes,good deal for the ca$h...BB34

Reyn
February 21, 2008, 07:54 PM
I have a FFII on my 300mag. Great scope and it's shorter and lighter than my Zeiss conquest.

pbrktrt
February 21, 2008, 08:31 PM
a whole lot better than it should be for the money. you won't be disappointed.

Chuck Graber
February 21, 2008, 08:52 PM
I have one on a Tikka in 30-06. The image is crisp and clear. It is bright and still works well at dusk and dawn in low light conditions. It holds a zero all season. Adjusting the scope for new loads is predictable and easy.

I have seen three packages of this scope paired with a 20x spotting scope, 8*32 binoculars, or a garmin gps unit. I have the binoculars and a 30x spotting scope from a buddy who bought the package and sold me the spotter at a bargain. Both have great optics! All three are a tremendous value.

Brownie
February 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
I have a FF that I have had for around 12 yrs first on a 308 and now a 7-08. has been a great scope. It has stud up to hundreds of rounds.

This deer season I did find a patch of ice and both me and gun hit the ground hard. Stopped to the range on the way home to check zero and it was still on. but the next weekend I went out seen a deer threw the gun up and had the dreaded white cloud inside. Sent the scope back to Burris the end of January and just got it back a few days ago. They resealed and refilled the scope now just as good as new. Kept the scope inside over night at 66F then put it on the porch for about 30min at 7F and the scope was still clear. so back on it goes.

TCman
February 21, 2008, 09:30 PM
I have a FFII on my rem 700 30-06. It is plenty clear, and has held a zero great for me.

stubbicatt
February 21, 2008, 09:31 PM
+1 on the 3-9 Fullfield II. Great scope.

Logs
February 21, 2008, 10:17 PM
I have one on my 30-06 Weatherby works great very clear. Check out Nanchez for combo deals.

elkman06
February 21, 2008, 10:51 PM
I have a 6x40 FF on my Tikka 3006 and love it.
Great scope for the money.
elkman06

Niagara Shooter
February 21, 2008, 11:42 PM
My dad has one on his BPS 20ga Slug gun and another sitting new in the box probably goin on a Winchester 88 in 243, great scope at a realistic price and both his came with "freebies." First one came with a pair of Burris binos and the second came with a Garmin Etrex gps. Great glass, I killed a big 7pt with it 2yrs ago and would definately recommend it!
NS

TreyNC
February 22, 2008, 06:09 AM
I have one and they are great, comparable to the Nikon Buckmaster in every way. They are a good value especially with the binocular combo deal.

For pjsjr:
They may be a Co company, but they are not made in the US. The Fullfield II is made in the Philippines and my binos that came with were made in China! Would not have purchased them had I known, but I have no complaints about quality.

pjsjr
February 22, 2008, 09:38 AM
For pjsjr:
They may be a Co company, but they are not made in the US. The Fullfield II is made in the Philippines and my binos that came with were made in China! Would not have purchased them had I known, but I have no complaints about quality.

TreyNC...you are partly correct, IIRC there are components(maybe all) made in the Philippines...the scopes are assembled in Greeley.

I bought my last two or three at Bass Pro($129.95), great price, still warranted and perhaps I wrongly rationalize that the Philippines is not as bad as China. Preston

kenjs1
February 22, 2008, 10:32 AM
I have a 6x40. Great glass and a very good buy plus I got it with a #4 reticle that sealed the deal. Adjustments are so-so, not as crisp as I would prefer. I dislike that these are 1/2" clicks - not the standard 1/4" like everyone else on the planet. Not real big deal though. BTW- These are the same scopes sold as Pentax Gameseekers which can be bought even cheaper.

TreyNC
February 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
pjsjr,

I have no reason to doubt you about what you have said. I was only going by Burris claiming to being made in the US, which we can all agree doesen't mean made with US materials, however upon recieving my combo deal, which was worth the money spent, the scope had a sticker on it that read made in the Philippines and bino said made in China. I do prefer our friend the Philippines over China.

A note of caution to every one, there is a Made in the US loophole!! I recently found out about. My co-worker has several choices of new shoes that he likes, he chooses one over the others due to lable on the box that says made in the US. He then notices, after he has been wearing them for a few days the shoes themselves say made in China. This is a company most every one knows of also. Then I go ask my wife who buys for and manages an outdoor retail store about this. She tells me of another majior shoe manufacturer (in the outdoor industry, meaning backpacking and rocklimbing industry), who wanted to be able to get on the made in the US bandwaggon so they make and market a new shoe that is US made. Now I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of this stuff but, becaus of this one shoe being made in the US this manufacturer can now advertise they are made in the US as well as placing this label on other packaging. Hows that for mis-leading marketing!

bclark1
February 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
All manufacturing aside, it's a great scope. I have a 3-9x40 as well, on my CD Mauser-action 30-06. Weaver bases, Millett rings, nothing pricey. Mounted and sighted it myself, it was my first scope on my first rifle, which I mention to suggest that it's at least somewhat forgiving and/or idiot-proof. The rifle kicks like a mule and has taken some solid thumps in the woods, but the scope is still working well. Probably at least 300 rounds of surplus 30-06 from CMP and 100 of commercial stuff which amounts to 5 deer and a lot of tattered targets. So not a round count like you'd get out of an AR but it's not like the scope's been treated delicately either. The glass gets foggy in the rain (on the outside, not in the tube), but few scopes can avoid that. I prefer to use the scope for glassing at dawn and dusk (I know, not a good habit) as it's a much brighter picture than my eyes or cheap binocs provide me. I don't have a whole lot of experience in optics but I am very satisfied and would buy another one if I needed another hunting riflescope.

Edward429451
February 24, 2008, 04:05 PM
I had a Fullfield on the /06 I used to own, and have one for my AR-15 now. You cannot beat them for the price. The one I had on my/06 held it's zero for years & years.

shooter_john
February 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
I have a Fullfield II on my Savage 25-06. It happens to be the best shooter in my safe, and I have no problems with the scope. Will probably pick up another in the near future as a matter of fact!