PDA

View Full Version : THR - "Database Error" - anyone else getting that???

jad0110
February 9, 2008, 09:15 AM
THR seems to be having some "database" problems this morning, 2/9/08. Anyone else experiene this? I am able to click on individual threads that are listed on the main THR page, but I can't get into any of the "subforums." I was able to click on a thread in "tech support" and post the following:

I don't know if it's related or not, but I can't access any of the "subforums" within THR (ie, General Gun Discussions, Shotguns, Revolvers, etc). I can only click on the top thread that is listed at right for each subforum, such as this one in Tech Support.

When I try to go into a subforum, I get a THR "database error" message .

A second post:

This is the error screen I get:

Quote:
Database error
The THR database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.thehighroad.org home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.thehighroad.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I get the same message if I try to log in at the top of THR. The ony way I can log in is to click on the a thread that is displayed on the main page, hit the "reply" button, then login there.

And lastly, a post by THR member BryanP:

I can search for threads and use the results, but if I try to access any of the forums directly I get "The THR database has encountered a problem."

SDC
February 9, 2008, 09:20 AM
Me too.

armoredman
February 9, 2008, 09:22 AM
Can't even get in at all.:mad:

Jamie C.
February 9, 2008, 09:37 AM
Same here. No access at all.

Mal H
February 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
THR seems to be back online now.

jad0110
February 9, 2008, 11:14 AM
Yep, back up and running for me.

Gunnerpalace
February 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
I cant get on at all, getting the same screen.

Geronimo45
February 18, 2008, 01:16 AM
Database error at THR again.

ArfinGreebly
February 18, 2008, 03:49 AM
Heck with it.

I'm going to bed.

Derek Zeanah
March 2, 2008, 05:35 PM
Just noticed this...

The problems should be going away as we transition to the new server (sometime tomorrow night). Running out of disk space can suck sometimes...

Greg.B
March 2, 2008, 10:39 PM
The message on their site says they expect to be back online by 6pm EST on Monday 3/3/08.