PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 - Good IDPA/USPSA gun?

DaveInPA
February 8, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm looking to get started in IDPA and USPSA shooting, and I'm wondering if the Glock 34 would fit the bill as a good pistol to get me started. I've heard it's a real tack driver for a reasonable price and it has a nice 17 round capacity. I'd like to stick with 9mm, since 1. I'm comfortable with it, and 2. The ammo is fairly cheap, and the more I can practice, the better I can do come match day :)

So, sound off guys. What do you think? Is the Glock 34 a good choice, or is there something else you would recommend, and why?

shooter_john
February 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
I got a 35 as a duty weapon, and I have also used it in some IDPA competitions, but all were using duty gear. That is a big fella to conceal, but it can be done. As far as shootability goes, I would't trade it for anything. As a matter of fact, I traded my POS Kimber for my G35! My next Glock will be the 34, or maybe the 17L, without question.

Jim Watson
February 9, 2008, 07:05 AM
The Glock 34 is very popular in IDPA Stock Service Pistol and USPSA Production. However, its 17 round magazine is no help; both Divisions limit you to 10 in the magazine plus one in the chamber to start.

WESHOOT2
February 9, 2008, 07:44 AM
And accessories up the ying.....