PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23

XD45Sooner
February 2, 2008, 03:24 PM
I have an XD duty model with the 4" barrel. How does that compare size wise with the glock 23? I am trying to find a good CCW and for some reason the glock is really growing on me...I use to not like how they look.

JDG
February 2, 2008, 04:20 PM
The XD won't come close to fitting in my G23 holster, much bulkier nose, and longer grip. Great guns, but top heavy.:) Heres a funky pic of my guns, with the two side by side
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/guns002.jpg

yodal
February 2, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'v got a Glock 23 for sale right now if your interested. I love the gun but now have another one for carry due to my work clothing showing the Glock.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277926

XD45Sooner
February 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
Is the 23 too big for deep concealment? Or would it be better to get the subcompact?

Cmdrdredd
February 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
It depends on what you are wearing really IMO. I find a subcompact better in summer clothing for instance. It's up to you and whether you plan to carry every day or not.

XD45Sooner
February 3, 2008, 01:56 PM
I will be planning to wear it everyday, so all kinds of dress will be included.

Cmdrdredd
February 3, 2008, 01:59 PM
I would say a subcompact would be more comfortable in general to carry and be easier to conceal. However, I know someone who carries the 23 daily and they don't have issues with concealment here in FL. Typically it's shorts and a T-Shirt here, and if not perhaps just a bit more business-like attire. Like your basic button down shirt and some long pants. He didn't seem to have any issues in regard to keeping it concealed.

JDG
February 3, 2008, 03:35 PM
I chose the compact over the subcompact for the extra grip. A good IWB holster will keep the gun tight to your side, and hide it just fine. I didn't care for curling my pinky under the gun, plus drawing from your holster is easier with more grip.

HappyGunner
February 3, 2008, 03:50 PM
My G23 is a great concealment handgun:)