PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a S&S 7.65 Cal. pistol

rskover
January 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
I found this paragraph in a previous thread. It describes exactly the pistol I have...7.65 S&S 105524 stamped on the grip.

Nope it is WW2 German and not japanese.This pistol is the grand daddy of the Sig Sauer line of pistols. If you will notice it has a decocking lever on it on the left side of the gun, it also has an internal hammer. It is known as the Model 38 H and was made from 1938 thru 1945 and was made in .380, 32 and .22LR. It was used by the Nazis in WW2 and the later war ones are quite crude. Look carefully and you will find the Nazi eagle and army acceptance stamp on the frame.

I'm wondering what ammunition I need for this pistol. I purchased Remington UMC 32 automatic 71 grain Metal Case cartridges. A neighbor said that these might not be usable. Can you tell me if they will work or what type I should purchase? Also mentioned in that thread was ACP- what is that exactly?

Richard

HisSoldier
January 30, 2008, 09:20 PM
photo?

rskover
January 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
How do I include a photo, I've never done that before.

Richard

pistolet1
January 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
rskover

I'm guessing you're referring to the firm of J.P. Sauer of Suhl, Germany, and their Model 38H pistol. It was chambered for the 7.65 mm. cartridge, also known as the .32 caliber. Your Remington .32 ammo will work just fine. You might want to have a gunsmith look your gun over before you use it, as some late war pistols were made under less than ideal conditions (lower grade steel, improper heat treatment, manufacturing shortcuts, substandard parts fitting, etc.). ACP stands for Automatic Colt Pistol.

rskover
January 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the information, that was very helpful. I guess it's best to get it checked out.

Richard

Vin73
January 31, 2008, 03:35 AM
The serial number indicates that this might be a Sauer & Sohn M1913, a predecessor of the model 38 (H).