PDA

View Full Version : So I'm working on a trade for a Browning .40cal HP..What can I expect?

BLUEZ4U
January 22, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hello all, I'm working on a trade for a Browning HP .40 Practical (trading non gun stuff). Anyway, Doing some research on the web and TFL... It looks like a deceint weapon. It fit my hand like second nature and now, I have to have it!!! I should pick it up up next week and can't wait.....................
Whats the general feeling for these? Owners thoughts?

Thanks again, for all the great info on questions in the past !!!

KJR

Perldog007
January 22, 2008, 07:27 PM
Sexy guns. Think you will like yours. Have only handled them, never owned or fired. But they are cool.

Harry Callahan
January 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
Not bad. I have to say I don't think I care for the stock grips. I am looking in to getting some nice wood grips. My real pet peeve with this gun is loading the magazines. It can be painful. The tips of your fingers will be crying "UNCLE!" after you have loaded about the 4th or 5th one. I only have about 300 rounds through mine so maybe I need a little more break in. Shoots very well and I sure do like the looks of it. Nothing like a BHP.

Bart Noir
January 22, 2008, 08:22 PM
I no longer have my .40 BHP, but seem to collect the 9mm model. I just felt the .40 is too top-heavy, since the slide is certainly beefed-up for the extra pressure.

I also felt that the muzzle whipped up a little more than other .40s of a similar weight. So I just decided to stick with the most excellent 9mm BHP.

That said, you will notice that all of the above are just my opinions. Yours may be completely different and I hope you are very satisfied. There is no question but that it is a well made and strong pistol.

You may think about removing the magazine disconnect but I didn't on the .40. The trigger pull was good (in my opinion, here I go again ;)) and I had no problem with the magazine dropping free, especially with the mags that have the spring-loaded lever to pop them out.

Bart Noir

BLUEZ4U
January 22, 2008, 08:32 PM
I've had the pleasure of shooting some BHP's in 9mm and really appreciated the quality and accuracy. I'm imagining the quality and accruracy in the 40cal would again be right there.