PDA

View Full Version : Beretta tomcat 3032 ammo

attila787
January 22, 2008, 10:10 AM
I was not to crazy about the little pistol when I saw, but the Wife is not happy about spending money on any firearm. I figured if she agreed to learn how to use it and would carry it. It was better than nothing.

The little tomcat performed really good at the range. The accuracy was good considering the size. What really bothers me about the pistol is the .32 caliber. Can this caliber really stop somebody? I have done some searching the net and I get a lot of mixed reviews on the caliber.

I guess my real question here is....Does anybody have any recommendations on some good defense rounds in .32????

NCHornet
January 22, 2008, 10:31 AM
The 32 caliber was used for along time in many parts of the workd and YES a lot of people have died to that round. I have a NAA Guardian in 32 acp and 380 acp. I carry FMJ rounds in the 32. Fiochhi makes some good ammo for it as well as S&B . To be honest there isn't much difference between the 32 and 380 when fired out of a micro gun like this. Although the 32 can suffer from Rimlock so make sure you're gun functions correctly with the ammo you select.
NCH

hoytinak
January 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
I've got my Tocat loaded with 71 gr Fiochhi FMJ in my pocket as I type this.

attila787
January 22, 2008, 02:44 PM
What do you guys think of the Winchesters silvertip?

NCHornet
January 22, 2008, 03:39 PM
Silvertips are good SD rounds I have used them in larger calibers.
Remember HP's have no benefit in a 32 as there isn't sufficient velocity to expand them.
NCH

Bill DeShivs
January 22, 2008, 03:51 PM
The Silvertip uses a very soft aluminum jacket designed to expand at .32 ACP velocities. :rolleyes:
They are the .32 rounds that all others should be measured by.

attila787
January 22, 2008, 04:04 PM
Learn something new everyday.

NCHornet
January 22, 2008, 05:17 PM
I still prefer to carry FMJ in the 32 for deeper penetration. Expansion doesn't mean a whole lot without penetrating. The Fiochhi rounds tend to be loaded a little on the hotter side and that is why I like to use them.
The HP on the Silvertips is fairly shallow compared to most HP designs, which is what I was referring to in the above comment about HP's not expanding in 32acp.
NCH