PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Question about my new Glock 27!

emtt
December 28, 2007, 11:25 PM
I bought a brand new glock 27 about 2 days ago. Upon expecting the contents of my glock case I found the envelope holding the two shells from factory test firing that are included with most new guns. I have attached pictures of the primers. It seems the firing pin hits deep and then drags out through the primer, but not into the rim of the shell itself (see pics). I have not fired this pistol yet as I want to be sure I do not damage it. My first instinct being its a new pistol is to call the manufacturer. Today I called glock USA and spoke with a armorer. I felt I explained the concern well, but after no delay he told me that what I was seeing was completely normal. I am not a gun guru, but have had a few other models of glocks and many other firearms and have never seen this presentation before...so I turn to the forum for a second opinion. Is this a normal thing for this glock sub compact, but a issue that needs to be addressed? Normal?..or simply a problem that needs attention. I found some material on the net about this issue and seems its common with the .40 S & W cal as the pin does not retract fast enough before the shell begins to eject? Can any damage take place if I shoot the gun as is? I would like some clarification from the community about this issue and the best way to fix this issue if one is available. I will be using this pistol for my EMT tactical training so need the gun to be as good as it can. Thanks in advance and please see attached photos.

Bill Siegle
December 29, 2007, 12:16 AM
Normal pin strike for a Glock. Glock uses a differently shaped firing pin/striker than most guns. Think "pointed screwdriver blade" :) You're good to go!

IdahoG36
December 29, 2007, 12:20 AM
Looks normal to me for a GLOCK.

eng208
December 29, 2007, 12:35 AM
Your good to go. Give me a report back on that Tactical Medic class. I have had a good bit of tactical training and I am a full time Paramedic, trying to get the go ahead on the tactical medic class for the local Rapid Response Team. They don't have an active medic right now, I would hate for them to need one. None of the guys I work in are going to be in a big hurry to go rushing into help them. Just two years ago, in the neighboring county, a medic was shot in the leg, severing his femoral artery trying to get to the local sheriff that had been shot in the face by a perp. Another deputy was shot in the eye, responding State Troopers and other LE units finally took the guy out, but the medic will never work as a medic again, he can't feel his lower leg due to nerve damage. The county left him high and dry for compensation saying he knew the risks before getting in to that position:mad:
Just be careful, pay attention, ask questions, and practice, practice. Also work with the local guys, if you do a good job taking care of them, they will definitely take care of you.

Ozzieman
December 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
The first time I saw one of the primers from my G26 I said "What the,,,":confused:
Its normal, yours is making a little more of a scratch mark than my 26 but as long as it does not penetrate the primer its no problem,
Have fun.

IdahoG36
December 29, 2007, 01:00 AM
The county left him high and dry for compensation saying he knew the risks before getting in to that position

Nice way to repay him for his service.:barf::barf:

Ralph Allen
December 29, 2007, 11:48 PM
emtt,
I have multiple Glocks, with MANY rounds through them. Your primer strike pictures are as explained by Bill Siegle quite normal. Your Glock will be quite boring. It will go bang every time you pull the trigger, the trigger will feel the same every time you pull it, it will hit in the same place every time it goes bang. The most encouraging thought that I can send your way is, I bought my oldest daughter a Glock 23 (on her request) that she trusts her life on. IMHO there is no greater praise than to issue a 110% reliable firearm to ones children.
Ralph