PDA

View Full Version : Weatherby Vanguard - Sub-MOA Varmint

Iosco-Bucks
December 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
Just checking to see if anyone owns one of these rifles. I'm considering picking one of these up in .308 Win., but I'd like to hear some first hand experiences, good or bad, from anyone who may have one. Weatherby guarantees sub-MOA performance from this rifle.

Legumeofterror
December 20, 2007, 07:47 PM
i have a regular vanguard in .30-06 and shoot sub-moa regularly, yours should do even better. :)

TGGUNMAN
December 20, 2007, 09:41 PM
I have two...one in 357 weatherby and the sub moa varmit in 22-250 both shoot very well.

Iosco-Bucks
December 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hey. Thanks for the input. I've been looking to add a Weatherby or two to my collection. I'm interested in this particular Vanguard model. Maybe after the new year, I'll look into finding one.

tINY
December 20, 2007, 11:15 PM
I have the same rifle chambered in 300 win mag. It shoots well.

It says Howa 1500 on the side...

-tINY

ELMOUSMC
December 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
I have a Weatherby Vanguard varmint special,It will shoot sub moa all day long hot or cold as long as I feed it the ammo it likes.I recently went to the Weatherby web site and some one had posted a question as to how Weatherby arrived at which rifle was sub moa and which wasn't.The whole thing boiled down to quota,so many Vanguards are destinated sub moa and given a different stock and the magazine floor plate (and a higher price) but in fact shoot no better than the regular Vanguard and I can attest to this,as I said before mine will hold 1and 1/2 inch groups all day at 300 yds(,223 spitzers) ELMO

loneguitar
December 23, 2007, 08:34 PM
I also have a 30-06 Vanguard that shoots sub-moa at 100yds. One of the best values for a rifle out. I do think I'm gonna replace the stock with one from Bell & Carlson in the future.

kiwicrusaders
December 24, 2007, 07:07 PM
I've also been pretty keen on this rifle for a while. Jusy waiting to save a bit more money. Was wanting something that had a heavy barrell but wouldn't be too heavy for hunting as well. Been tossing up this rifle and the Remington LTR.

At this stage leaning towards the Weartherby, Remington costs more and I believe the Weatherby action is better (yes I know the Remington is more widely known ... that doesn't make it better.)

The only real magazine article I have found re the Weartherby is below: - Let me know what the rifle feels like (I havn't had the pleasure of holding one and feeling its weight / balance)

http://www.gunsmagazine.com/F0208.html

Iosco-Bucks
December 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hey. Thanks for the article on this Weatherby. It was a good read. I'll have to let you know if I end up getting one.

kiwicrusaders
December 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
Does anyone own this rifle or know of anyone who owns this rifle?

mesabi
January 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
Do LA stocks fit Rifles with Weatherby chamberings (.257 weatherby, .270 weatherby...)

jmorris
January 8, 2008, 09:44 AM
I've got a sub-moa in 308. It's not as accurate as my 308LTR but it will shoot as the name implies.

sneaky pete
January 8, 2008, 10:32 PM
Old Sneaky here: About 2 years ago I walked into my local(Florida City) Wal Mart, plopped down $375(tax included) and walked out with a Vangard in 30-06. Even with M-2 Korean ball(150gr) the damn thing shoots sub MOA off the bench. I've got a Leatherwood "Uni-dial" 3x10 on it and its an excellent combo. I personally I like my Carl Gustav m41/B Swed sniper(6.5X55) better but the Vangard is no slouch. THANX--SNEAKY