PDA

View Full Version : SIG P225 mag (grrr…) Question

JamesRJr
December 20, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Alll,

I love my SIG P225 but the stock mag has this FLANGE which juts forward and presses right into the bone in my little finger. It is REALLY uncomfortable.

This one fellow sent me a picture of his stock mag, where he had ground it down on a bench grinder to where it was flush with the line of the grip itself, and then finished the raw edge with “Birchwood Casey Perma Blue Paste Gun Blue”. And he says his 225 “holds” just great now, and from his picture it looks like it certainly would.

And I was just about to do that to a mag of mine, when I saw a picture in the post by xring04 in the thread on this page...

Handguns: General Handgun Forum
"Keep it simple…We all love pics" post
On page 3

...where he clearly has a different mag althogether in his P225.
And it looks like it would not only resolve the “jutting flange problem” but also give a little extra length to the grip and a nice place for your pinkie to snuggle in.

[…of course it now makes the gun slightly “bigger”, and looks less “original”, for what that’s worth]

I have PM’d xring04 about his mag...
[Is that a later production SIG mag, or, I’m thinking, a 3rd party mag?]
...but then I thought to also just post this “wide” to the forum.

Any other SIG P225 owners out there who have addressed the “jutting flange” problem one way or the other???

I am open to any/all ideas.

I love the P225, but this mag is a pain!

Thanks!

JamesRJr

rbrgs
December 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
The picture didn't come up when I clicked; Midway has promag 10rd mags for the 225. I just got 2 (and 3 factory mags) so I can shoot my 225 (P6) in IPSC matches. Grinding back the baseplate will certainly work, too.
I really like mine, and the police turn ins are a real bargain.

JamesRJr
December 21, 2007, 12:00 AM
Thank you sir,

Sorry about the link. It worked when I pasted it. Doesn't now. I'll go back directly and edit my OP.

The picture I was referring to is in the

Handguns: General Handgun Forum
"Keep it simple…We all love pics" post
On page 3.

I went to Midway and looked at your mag.
It looks, as far as I can tell from the lo res picture, like it may be the one I saw in the above post.

Regardless, I think I may spend $18 and see, before I spend a day grinding and rebluing a stock mag.

Much obliged for your post,

JamesRJr