PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg Plinkster threaded barrel

cr250mxer
December 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can find one if they make them? I want to get a surppressor for it. I just recently found out about NFA stuff and I wish I had bought the ruger 10/22 I was looking at first, but the girlfriend wanted a gun to come shoot with me and the mossberg was on sale for dirt cheap.

VUPDblue
December 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
You're not going to find a replacement barrel thats threaded for that gun. Your best bet is to send the barrel you have off for threading. I can set you up with the contact info of the guy who does my barrel threading if you want. He is very reasonable, price wise, and his turnaround time is only about a week. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Curiously, what suppressor are you looking at?

cr250mxer
December 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
I was still in the process of looking that was going to be my next question if I could find a barrel. which one do you recomend? I found a ruger 10/22 at a pawn shop last night so I may just get it I know they sell barrels for it.

VUPDblue
December 20, 2007, 10:36 AM
I have a Gemtech Outback II, an Tatical Innovations Quest, and an AAC Pilot. I have to say that I like them all. I think that the Gemtech is an excellent suppressor for a first time buyer. The construction is superb and the level of suppression is hard to beat. A lot of first time buyers get either the Outback or the Pilot. I really don't think you can go wrong with either, but the clinching factor for me is the customer service reputation that Gemtech has. They are known for outstanding service. T.I. makes some fine suppressors, and they can be disassembled for cleaning, but I got the Quest because it is all stainless and is rated for full auto fire. It also costs about double what the Outback or Pilot does.

CraigC
January 10, 2008, 07:38 PM
How do you like your Quest compared to the others? I'm starting the ball rolling to get my first suppressor and the all steel construction of the Quest looks to be definite plus. As soon as I decide on a make/model I'll have a local Class III dealer order one and get the paperwork started.

Good news is that in TN if you are not disqualified from owning one, the CLEO must sign the paperwork. I live in a rural area so it probably won't be a problem anyway.

VUPDblue
January 10, 2008, 08:44 PM
How do you like your Quest compared to the others?

Actually I like it a lot. It is just about as quiet as my Outback. I bought the Quest to run in full auto on my M16 w/Spikes .22 upper. It works goooooood....:D