PDA

View Full Version : My newest family gun photo

ShipWreck
December 14, 2007, 11:44 PM
Just got the 9mm CX4 Storm this week...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Group9000.jpg

Gixerman1000
December 15, 2007, 12:01 AM
Nice collection buddy, love the hard chrome Walthers.

ShipWreck
December 15, 2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks. The USPc is hard chromed too. I love hard chrome :)

IdahoG36
December 15, 2007, 01:54 AM
Very nice collection you've got going!

AndyTheNailer
December 15, 2007, 02:06 AM
You got somethin' against American Guns?:cool:

MontyCop05
December 15, 2007, 02:08 AM
How do you like you 5.7? I am thinking about getting 1 after the new year. I wanna get 1 before they end up on some Liberal fueled ban list.

Kappaball
December 15, 2007, 04:42 AM
i've heard they're trying to ban the gun (the 57).... jjust hearsay

Silvanus
December 15, 2007, 06:16 AM
Nice collection! I too love your hard crome Walthers, they look awesome:D

ShipWreck
December 15, 2007, 10:11 AM
How do you like you 5.7? I am thinking about getting 1 after the new year. I wanna get 1 before they end up on some Liberal fueled ban list.

It is a very nice gun. It is my nightstand gun.

With the 197 ammo, it is less likely to penetrate as many interior walls as handgun rounds. 5.7 ammo fragments well on hard targets.

ShipWreck
December 15, 2007, 10:12 AM
You got somethin' against American Guns?

That Keltec is an American gun. And, the Browning is also made in the USA :)

AndyTheNailer
December 15, 2007, 12:01 PM
I was just jokin' around. It is a nice collection! :D
I was thinking of getting a USP compact .45 myself.
I bet the fed is keeping an eye on you though! :eek:
They don't like those little P90s.

predecessor
December 16, 2007, 02:42 AM
A man after my own heart ShipWreck!

I've recently ordered a PS90 that should get here just in time for Christmas. The 9mm CX4 Storm is the next carbine on my list. How do you like it? I'd like to get one and convert it so that it will use the same mags as my Cougar. Do you know how easy/difficult that is to do?

If only it would take your Walther mags!

FNtastic!
December 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
ooo p90. for the zombies right??

I do like the Walther on the far right though, which model is that?

RevolverLover
December 16, 2007, 12:36 PM
Nice collection, I really like the H&K with the hardchrome slide.

Judging from ShipWrecks posts, thats a fullsize Walther P99 AS 9mm with hardchrome slide.

ShipWreck
December 16, 2007, 09:12 PM
A man after my own heart ShipWreck!

I've recently ordered a PS90 that should get here just in time for Christmas. The 9mm CX4 Storm is the next carbine on my list. How do you like it? I'd like to get one and convert it so that it will use the same mags as my Cougar. Do you know how easy/difficult that is to do?

If only it would take your Walther mags!

Well, I just got the STorm last week. I have rented a 9mm Storm 2x in the past - so I know what it shoots like. But that was using the peep sights at a dark indoor range. This will be my 1st try with an optic. I love my Eotech that is on my PS90 - so I decided to get another one for the CX4.

I'll be shooting it for the first time during Christmas week.

As for changing out the mag spacer - it is my understanding that it isn't too hard. There are some instructions for it on the Beretta Forum, I believe.

I really wanted the PX4 mag version - but they are hard to find. I was gonna have to order one online if I wanted that. I could pay the $30 for the new spacer, and swop it out. But then I'd have the two 92 mags mine came with - and nothing to do with those... So, I'm just gonna leave it.

Actually - the Walther mags are made by Mecgar, and the body and feed lips match the Beretta mags. I'd have to dremel a new hole in the mag for the magazine catch - that's all it would take. But, I don't wanna have to start refinishing mags and such. Not worth it.

ShipWreck
December 16, 2007, 09:14 PM

Yes, as just stated above - it is a fullsize P99 9mm A/S model. The compact is an A/S model in 9mm as well. I hard chromed the compact to stop holster wear, and I liked it so much that I did the fullsize and the USPc. I also prev had a SW99 with a hard chromed slide. But as it is a clone of the P99, I rarely ever shot it.

I ended up selling the SW99 a while back to pay for the Five Seven.

Old Gaffer
December 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
What? no 1911:eek:

Nice start - I'm officially jealous.

All the best,
Rob

ShipWreck
December 16, 2007, 10:41 PM
What? no 1911

Nice start - I'm officially jealous.

Actually, I have owned several 1911s over the years - 5 to be exact. Had some sort of issue with each. After I found the P99, I gave up on the 1911. I shoot the P99 as well or better than a 1911. I even had a $1200 1911, and it was irritating to shoot better with the P99.

I have a shooting buddy that has a P99, and he had a WIlson 1911 - he too shot consistently better with the P99. He no longer has the Wilson.

As for my collection - I've actually had numerous other guns since I started buying weapons in 1993. I have flipped my collection a couple of times - until I ended up with the weapons I currently have.

MY wife isn't a gun fan - and I often had to sell old guns to buy new ones. A few years back, I had the urge to buy some new guns, and selling ones I was tired of was the easiest way to do it.

Now, however, we have an understanding - I get a "gun allowance."

I think there is only 1 gun I sorta regret selling, though. The rest don't matter much.

predecessor
December 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think there is only 1 gun I sorta regret selling, though.

Out of curiosity, which one did you regret?

ShipWreck
December 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
This Springfield 1911 PDP Defender...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5839/pdp6kn7.jpg

Taurus_9mm
December 18, 2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for sharing the gun eye-candy Shipwreck! :D