PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 holster....

Jets2007
December 14, 2007, 08:17 PM
Quick question about holsters on here....

I own over a dozen rifles/shotguns. However, I don't have any handguns- yet (I live in an anti-gun state). It looks like I am going to be starting a Law Enforcement job in early 2008... so with that comes a handgun. The dept issues Glock 19's. They will give me the entire duty belt and all of the bells and whistles that they require me to have.. However, the off duty holster is on me.

I was looking at El Paso Saddlery... Does anybody on here have any experiences with their products? I have heard good things about them on other forums. Does anybody use their products for concealed carry? Any info would be apprecated

This is the particular holster that I am thinking about buying....
http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-160-9-dual-duty-three-slot.aspx

Teakyman
December 14, 2007, 10:10 PM
I suppose to ask about a holster, the first question that comes to mind is how/where do you want to carry the pistol when you are off duty?

Open carry, on your belt
concealed carry, small of back, in the wasteband, ankle holster, etc.

with that in mind it will help to recommend a type of holster.

edit: now that ive looked at the link it helps.

i havent dealt with them though, so i dont think i could provide much insight. sorry

tplumeri
December 14, 2007, 10:17 PM
Dont have any first hand on manufacturer but looks like nice fwd cant holster. price is fair.
jmho
tom

Perldog007
December 14, 2007, 10:49 PM
An old timer gave me a circa 1970s' model 10 holster (4" K frame) with an El Paso stamp on it. It was a duty rig, but very high quality and spent alot of time on the streets in D.C. and Alexandria, VA.

When I get my ccw think I am leaning towards a Mitch Rosen ARG express model. Seems I am a total Massad Ayoob disciple. The American Rear Guard used to be called the Ayoob Rear Guard.

Just looked at that El Paso rig, looks nice but I avoid thumbreaks in concealed IWB/OWB holsters. YMMV

Chesster
December 15, 2007, 09:29 AM
I have always liked the quality of EPS leather. Inconsistent deliver time. It has taken as short as three weeks and as long as 10 months.

Sturmgewehre
December 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
I've dealt with them for custom leather and they do exceptional work. Great company and great products.

Smith66
December 15, 2007, 05:30 PM
I use a Galco hi-ride and/or a Bianchi IWB for my G19. Both of them work pretty well when you have the right concealing garment.

hhb
December 16, 2007, 09:49 AM
Before you spend money on something you won't be able to use, when and if you go to work as a leo, talk to the department armorer about what would be acceptable. Some departments require that the triggerguard be covered, others require a safety strap over the top to keep it from falling out if you bend down to pick up something. Some departments don't allow the use of crossdraws. The issue may be addressed in the dept Rules & Regs manual.

Jets2007
December 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
Some departments require that the triggerguard be covered, others require a safety strap over the top to keep it from falling out if you bend down to pick up something.

That is exactly what this dept requires- a strap and a covered trigger guard. Click on the link and you will see. A few friends of mine work for this dept.. they can use any holster as long as it meets the above specs. I did my research on that already.

There is a lot of crap out there on the market and I want to avoid buying that. EPS supposedly has a good reputation.. I just wanted to see what folks on here thought about EPS.

Chesster
December 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
Covered trigger is the only way to holster a Glock.