PDA

View Full Version : WHo owns a S&W MP, XD, or Glock

briang2ad
December 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
Please compare accuracy for me - any difference?

ShootingNut
December 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
Only own a M&P40, so can't give you a "comparison" to the other guns.
But, I will say my M&P is very accurate, love it.

sholling
December 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
I own an M&P45 and a M&P9c (unfired). The 45 is pretty accurate and a lot of M&Ps are showing up and winning competitions. No bushingless pistol will be as accurate as fine target pistol, but the M&P is as accurate as any polymer service pistol.

john in jax
December 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
I got a 2.5gen Glock 30 a several months ago and it shot so well, it's so accurate and reliable it quickly became my new CCW. Il liked it so much I also got a 3rd gen Glock 30.

The Glock 30 fits me and my hands so well it is amazing. But you need to try the guns in YOUR hands to see what fits YOU - - a range that rents guns might be pricey but it'll save you $$ in the long run.

darko
December 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
I currently have an M&P9. I had two Glocks but sold them both. Nothing wrong with them, just wanted more guns. I also had an XD40sc that proved to be unreliable with premature slide lock issues. Of the three makes, I would have to put the XD and M&P pretty close in accuracy with Glock taking up the rear. The one thing I've come the appreciate about Glocks is that they are reliable. I haven't put enough rounds through the M&P to say that yet but have little doubt as to its reliability. As for the XD, based on my experience, I can't say as I entirely trust them.

snail
December 13, 2007, 02:37 PM
I really like Glocks, but have owned an XD and borrowed a M&P. As far as accuracy is concerned they are all about the same. It is all going to come down to which one feels better for you. The XD was ok, but I wanted another Glock so I sold it. To me the M&P trigger is not very smooth, and that really affects my opinion of it. I will go with the Glock on this debate (I'm only slightly bias), but it is really up to you :cool:

sholling
December 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
To me the M&P trigger is not very smoothThey get silky smooth after 200-300rds or you can have the trigger tuned to a near 1911 feel. :cool:

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&P1.htm

http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/mandpprices.html

dakota1911
December 13, 2007, 03:35 PM
I guess I would ask something like group size at 15 or 25 yards.

lafd04
December 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
For me personally I find that my s&w mp9c is more accurate then my glock 19. However I've had the mp longer and have had more rounds through it. But I wouldn't trade or sell either.

ElrodCod
December 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
I can shoot 3" groups offhand with my XD9 service at 50 feet if I concentrate on what I'm doing.

OldShooter
December 13, 2007, 07:29 PM
The only one of the specified guns I have is an XD9SC(3") which is surprisingly accurate for a short barrel. I don't shoot it as well as Elrodcod with his service model but at 50 feet all rounds would do mortal damage. Better than my accuracy, this pistol has been absolutely reliable, no failures of any kind. It fits my hand well and has a good trigger.

Fabius
December 14, 2007, 01:14 AM
For a long time all I owned was a Glock 23. Then I bought an M&P 9 and began to really enjoy shooting pistols for the first time. I have since bought an FNP-40 and now intend to sell my Glock.

The Glock grip is blocky, the finger grooves don't fit my hand well and I don't like the grip angle or the trigger. The M&P and FNP are both far superior to the Glock in comfort and ease of shooting. The only advantage of the Glock is that it has been absolutely reliable. The M&P and FNP have also been reliable, but I haven't owned them as long, so I don't know what their long term reliability will be. My initial impression is that the FNP has the potential to be as reliable as the Glock, while the M&P will be close to that.

In terms of accuracy, for me its the M&P, the FNP and the Glock, in that order. All are accurate enough to serve the purpose, but the M&P and FNP are definitely more accurate and more fun to shoot.

golf97
December 14, 2007, 01:42 AM
I might be a bit far off, but at pistol range, especially if in an altercation, the limit to accuracy will be the shooter rather than the gun. With that said I'd go to your next limiting factor, i.e. budget or availability. If you can afford any of them, and all of the are available, I'd buy whatever felt better to you. Its always good to shoot it before you buy it, so if you have a rental range around it'd be a good idea to see how you shoot with them.

golf97
December 14, 2007, 01:47 AM
The above said, my best friend owns an XD in 45 GAP, and a G22 (in .40 if you didn't know). I love his XD. Feels way better than the Glock to me. He likes both but is going to get rid of the XD because of ammo cost and low capacity. He likes the Glock, I like the XD. Its all in what fits you best.

I've shot both a G23 and a G22. I shot the G23 first, and after that swore I'd never own a Glock. I was far more impressed with the G22.

I've also shot the M&P40 in the compact or subcompact (not sure, but it was small). I liked that as much as the G23.

All around I have a natural aversion to plastic guns, so you'll have to excuse my bias. They usually don't feel right in my hand. I'm far more comfortable with a Sig or 1911.

evan1293
December 14, 2007, 04:09 AM
Accuracy should be about the same between the three. I haven't owned a XD but I have tons of glocks and a M&P 9. I can keep my G17 within a 3" group off hand at 25 yards. My m&p is a compact so its not a great comparison, but I'd say I can do about 1-2" at 15 yards with that. All these guns are accurate for defense and IDPA. For bullseye or long IPSC shots I'd either go with a tuned 1911 or a glock 34 /35.

Legionaire
December 14, 2007, 04:20 AM
I have owned a SA XD40

I own a Glock 17

I have shot extensively an M&P40.

I still own my Glock, but would not hesitate to buy an M&P. My SA XD IMHO was a cheap gun built in Croatia that would not have had such a following if Springfield had not bought the rights of HS2000. The finish was poor, I had consistent mag sticking issues, and from time to time I experienced light strikes.

Chesster
December 15, 2007, 09:36 AM
I have handled all the "Tupper-guns" and have found the only one I really like is the second generation Glock 19s.