PDA

View Full Version : Sako 85 vs 75

smiljko
December 7, 2007, 06:03 AM
Hi guys!
I'm shopping for a new gun and I decided to buy a Sako Hunter rifle in .30-06. The problem is which one - 75 or 85 - the price is almost the same. Which one would you recommend. I see that the main difference is in the bolt,and 85 has slightly modified magazine. Which one would you get?:confused:
I know 85 is newer but that isn't always better isn't it ?:confused:
Please help me to make up my mind!

Thanks

smiljko
December 7, 2007, 11:41 AM
Anybody?

onemsumba
December 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
Some things about the 75.

There were 2 versions, one with a "key" at the back of the bolt which prevented it from being fired, and one without this security system. I prefer the one without, both for looks and if you lose the key then you are stuck....

the 85
One big change was that you have to push up on the Mag then push a lever to in order for it to come out vs just pushing a lever on the 75 to remove the mag. This is to prevent accientedly droping your mag out. Though I don't think this was ever an issue to begin with.

They also did away with the key saftey on the model 85.

IMHO they "upgraded" the 85 so that they could charge more for it vs. the 75. about $300-500 more!

I perfer the 75 delux or hunter with out the saftey, It looks great and shoots even better.

both are fine rifles you won't go wrong with either. You should be able to find a 75 for ~$900, which is considerbly less than an 85...

do a search for sako forum, / sako collectors it is not as active as this site but there is good information on it.

smiljko
December 8, 2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks onemsumba!

Sako 75 avalible arond here is with the key! But I don't see any problems with the key unless you use it:D!

I've heard that 85s have a problem with ejecting fired cases-they hit the scope!:eek: