PDA

View Full Version : New guy with Glock question

donnie29
November 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
I've an all stock Glock 27, that I love and have carried for around a year now.

Probably have shoot a thousand to twelve hundred rounds through the gun with no problems.

Recently I bought two brand new Glock 22 magazines and loaded with the same ammo I carry. Went to the range and "clink" the round nose dives into the feed ramp. Same with FMJ range ammo.

Don't know what to do except keep using the 9 round mags that I've never had a problem with.

Thanks in advandce.

PointOneSeven
November 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
My Beretta 21a magazine does that too. If you pull on the rim of the top round, it'll pop the nose back up, then I insert the magazine. It always has fired for me after doing this.

44 Deerslayer
November 27, 2007, 02:36 PM
Are the magazines loose when in the gun? Some G27's are very sensitive when used with the larger mags. People have tried taping cardboard shims to the mags to take out the wiggle with varying degrees of success.

Look at the followers in the magazines. Are they identical? Glock has made many changes in their followers for various problems with different ammo shapes trying to get a follower that works well with most ammunition. Again, some G27's are more sensitive than others. Normally a follower problem is seen on the last round, not the others.

Frenchwrench
November 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
I used G23 mags in my 27 but I bought an adapter sleeve that slids on over the mag. Can't remember who makes them. It makes the mag center in the grip and keeps your hand from pushing it out of allignment. Worked great !! I'll try and find it and get back to you on the manufacturer.

Alleykat
November 27, 2007, 03:36 PM
It's the A&G sleeve, available at Lonewolf Distributors. I use them on all "long" mags that I use in my short Glocks. ;)

dwatts47
November 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
My Beretta 21a magazine does that too. If you pull on the rim of the top round, it'll pop the nose back up, then I insert the magazine. It always has fired for me after doing this.

I don't have a solution to the OP's problem, but I'm not going to suggest that in the middle of a reload he check the top round and make sure its in the right spot. The G 27 is a self defense gun not a pocket rimfire.