PDA

View Full Version : COLT AR 9mm

AWMP
November 6, 2007, 10:10 AM
Looking for a COLT AR in 9mm. Ideas? Best mags? Have one? Any and all you can tell me about this rifle would be helpful, thanks.

VUPDblue
November 6, 2007, 10:15 AM
Are you looking for an actual Colt manufacture or just a Colt-style? I have a Colt-style setup and I like it a lot. I have had the best luck with Colt magazines and C-Products magazines. Mine is a SBR with a 5" barrel and suppressor. I shoot it in steel challenge matches and I think it may be one of my favorite rifles.

Gratuitous pic:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21755&d=1166412729

ATW525
November 6, 2007, 10:24 AM
I have one and it's one of my favorite firearms. It's cheap to feed, fun to shoot and indoor range friendly. Currently it does duty as my home defense longarm of choice due to it's quick handling, mild report and minimal muzzle flash.

The only magazines I use for it are 32rd Colt factory magazines, and for the most part they've been reliable. I've experienced one malfunction in the time I've owned it: a double feed while shooting Blazer Aluminum. All in all, though, I've been very sastified.

One thing of note, though, 9mm ARs (at least of the Colt variety) get very dirty when shooting. I haven't noticed any adverse effects on reliability, though.

shooter_john
November 6, 2007, 10:52 PM
I have one built on a Bushmaster Lower w/ Colt Upper. I'm honestly not sure what type mag block is installed or what type mags it takes (I suspect modified Sten mags) since it came with 6 when I purchased the rifle. It also came with 2 of the plastic mags that are available from most of the magazines, but they don't work as well as the steel mags I have. I guess I should post pics and let you guys tell me what they are...:rolleyes:

Billy Sparks
November 7, 2007, 07:16 AM
I absolutly love my Colt 9mm AR. It is a fun neat thing to play with. I is also something easy to transition people to the AR platform without the noise, etc. of .223.