PDA

View Full Version : I need a rifle to aggravate liberals

GalilARM
October 18, 2007, 05:11 PM
Hey guys. Trying to decide on a rifle purchase. Just finished building a USP match, which has a lot of inherent value, but I want a gun that will have long term value (like once 08 bans occur). I'm not a big rifle shooter, so I dont much care about all the technical specs and stuff. I just want the meanest most menacing possible thing that I can get. Part of me wants this SAIGA rifle because of the high quality, but its a neutered AK, so not quite as "mean" I guess. I dont want to spend a ton of money, so I'm thinking about the 300-450 dollar range.

So I guess my question is, what is the gun that has the BEST chance of being banned outright or legislated into oblivion? Something with a folding stock? Maybe a Rifle caliber "pistol"? Right now Im thinking some sort of AK with a vertical foregrip and folder stock. I dunno. What do you think?

sevensixtytwo
October 18, 2007, 05:23 PM
I think an AK is really the only thing you're gonna be able to get in that price range. I got a Yugo paratrooper model M70a for $550 with bayonet and 2 magazines, brand new. WASRs are cheaper.

FirstFreedom
October 18, 2007, 06:05 PM
So I guess my question is, what is the gun that has the BEST chance of being banned outright or legislated into oblivion?

Probably bullpups - they look oh-so-evil - sounds like it's time to get yourself an FN FS2000, or if it ever becomes reality, a KelTec RFB or Tavor.

TPAW
October 18, 2007, 06:08 PM
GalilARM writes

I need a rifle to piss off liberals

Please read the forum rules. Negative remarks concerning persons or their affiliations are not welcomed here. It reflects a negative image on the rest of us. Keep in mind, that we, who are gun enthusiast's, are not the only ones who read this site.
Thank you.

Magnum88C
October 18, 2007, 06:27 PM
Nothing pisses off [ThoseWhoShallNotBeMentioned] like an Avtomat Kalashnikova.

Really want to rub it in? Get a drum mag to go with it.

Justme
October 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'm a liberal and can't think of any gun purchase that pisses me off. In fact I would much rather you spend money on a gun you don't want just to make a political point of some sort than actually spend time or money on political action.

I seriously can't think of a worst criteria for a gun purchase than what some group you don't even like thinks about said purchase.

Kreyzhorse
October 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
I too am a liberal but if you really want to piss me off, don't buy any gun! A right not used is a right lost so buy, buy, buy. :p

From a banned standpoint, go with any "black assault rifle" like an AK although my favorite is a Russian SKS. Awesome gun a little more collectable I think. I paid under $99 for my excellent re-arsenaled Tula. They are worth a lot more now, not that I'd sell it, EVER.

Manedwolf
October 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
Get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 while you can, too. It's on the AWB list by name, and is EEEEEEVIL because it folds up to 16" and can be carried concealed.

Very useful utility rifle, and a lot of fun to shoot, too.

Limeyfellow
October 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
I too am a liberal but if you really want to piss me off, don't buy any gun! A right not used is a right lost so buy, buy, buy.

+1

As one of the many millions upon millions of liberal gun owners, I believe its for the good of society to be armed to ensure the general freedom of the population from those who would abuse a society for their own benefits and love the ak based weapons.

arkie2
October 18, 2007, 07:28 PM
Forget the price, forget the folding stock thingy, if you really want to irritate (hereforeto referred to as causing someone to urinate irritably) those of another persuasion (hereforeto referred to as those who don't like Rush Limbaugh) then get a Barret .50 cal. Nothing upsets them more!:D

grimjaw
October 18, 2007, 07:40 PM
Um, I don't really care for Rush Limbaugh, yet the only guns that anger me are the ones that don't go boom.

jm

arkie2
October 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
Grimjaw

Just needed an example for (those who shall not be named). Rush seemed a likely candidate. Pick your own synonym for (those who shall not be named).;)

CmpsdNoMore
October 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
That Kel-Tec Sub 2000 looks like a lot of fun to shoot.

tplumeri
October 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
anything in 50 cal should meet all your needs.

davlandrum
October 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
I thought about this post this morning.

I am not sure it is liberals you want to aggravate - I think it is anti-gun people. Believe it or not, there are conservatives that are anti-gun as well.

The other thing is the people you want to aggravate will probably never see your gun. I know all my neighbors own guns (I live in the sticks), but I could not tell you who has any "evil black rifles".

Unless you are walking downtown with it slung on your back, who is ever going to know?

GalilARM
October 19, 2007, 11:07 AM
haha okay fine, bad choice of wording, I think the message was understood though :)

Fremmer
October 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yep, lots of liberals on TFL have no objection to any type of firearm. But the reality is that the congressional liberal democrats hate all guns, regardless of what they may say. So, my suggestion is that you:

1. Buy an evil black rifle, because you don't "need" one for hunting. :rolleyes: or

2. Buy a hunting rifle, because hunting is a cruel "blood sport" and shouldn't be allowed, and you don't need to hunt. And hunting rifles are really "sniper rifles". :rolleyes:

LOL. :D

FirstFreedom
October 19, 2007, 12:04 PM
I think this answers your question more precisely at to what might get dumped into the hopper for a proposed ban at the national level:

In order...

1. Bullpup, evil-looking, semi-auto centerfire rifle (FS2000, P90, or M17 - OR, if they become reality, an RFB, Tavor, or AUG).

2. Evil-looking centerfire rifles with folding stocks, and/or separate folding stocks for rifles you don't even own (yet).

3. General evil-looking centerfire rifles with detachable mags and 2 or more scary features - i.e. the so-called "assault weapons" as described in the 94-04 ban.

4. .50 BMG rifle - semi-auto.

5. .50 BMG rifle - single shot or turnbolt repeater.

6. "Pocket rockets" - Centerfire semi-auto handguns with small dimensions.

Manedwolf
October 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
Canadians can buy Tavors. Unrestricted, even. That drives me nuts.

They can't have handguns, no, but they also don't have 922(r).

Mike Irwin
October 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
Yep, nothing cranks up a liberal like an AK-47 clone.

Scorch
October 19, 2007, 12:53 PM
ANY rifle will really torque off a true liberal. And if you want to make them turn purple in the face and start sputtering unintelligibly, get a collapsible M4 or an AK. With flash suppressor and a bayonet!

Manedwolf
October 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
Okay. THIS will horrify them. Classicarms.us has them. :D

http://www.classicarms.us/crletter%20058.jpg

Hardchromed Yugo underfolders. Ha!

RDak
October 19, 2007, 02:33 PM
Oh heck, a BB gun is all it takes to get a Democrat's blood boiling.

submaniac
October 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
Okay. THIS will horrify them. Classicarms.us has them.

Hardchromed Yugo underfolders. Ha!

Yes that would piss off liberal democrats...but it would also piss of conservative gun lovers who don't like ugly guns!

308nato
October 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
Man that hardchromed Yugo is a perfect example of pimp my gun.:D
Take that to the range and everyone will want one.I got to get me one.
there is nothing ugly about it.

DougO83
October 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
Why the concern about <aggravating> the libs? Why not just ignore them like it should be? Isn't buying a gun to agitate them the same as the little teenage girl dyeing her hair to make mommy and daddy mad? Buy a gun because you want it. Geez...

SavageSniper
October 19, 2007, 05:58 PM
If you really want to PO the anti gun pukes then what you need to do instead of buying a evil rifle for yourself, go by a few cheap .22 rifles. Take these .22's and teach some kids the joy of firearms and our sport. These kids then talk it up to there friends and before you know it the antigunners have water put on their fire. While you are at it, get them a subscription to the NRA. Yup, I think that would work.

MTMilitiaman
October 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
Forget the price, forget the folding stock thingy, if you really want to irritate (hereforeto referred to as causing someone to urinate irritably) those of another persuasion (hereforeto referred to as those who don't like Rush Limbaugh) then get a Barret .50 cal. Nothing upsets them more!

Hehe :D

I will admit that I take a great deal of satisfaction from the irritation of simple minds. The hysteria and loathing of different firearms in the hands of civilians by certain sheeple, most of them from a single American political ideology, is a curious thing for me, but their reaction to me owning something like this (see below) the faces they make are highly entertaining from me. In fact, they are priceless. The first time I showed some hippy on bus in LA a picture of my AK and my bro's .50, both rifles paid for themselves. So yes, I will admit to allowing Brady to write my shopping list, and the reaction of certain fools is a consideration of mine when purchasing certain firearms, though certainly not the only consideration, or even the most important.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/MTMilitiaman/M1AandAKlillypad2.jpg

If you really want to PO the anti gun pukes then what you need to do instead of buying a evil rifle for yourself, go by a few cheap .22 rifles. Take these .22's and teach some kids the joy of firearms and our sport. These kids then talk it up to there friends and before you know it the antigunners have water put on their fire. While you are at it, get them a subscription to the NRA. Yup, I think that would work.

OOO. Yeah! That would work. Better yet, get an AK and a good .22--something for you, something for the little tykes--fun to be had for all.

Limeyfellow
October 19, 2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, nothing is more threatening than an AK47.

http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.jpg

And we can't forget about the Ar15 lovers out there

http://www.glamguns.com/mylittleponycarbine.jpg

SavageSniper
October 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
Sooo Limey, how does that work at the range?

Limeyfellow
October 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
Like any other rifle would. Theres nothing wrong with having a nice colourful gun to interest others into the hobby, rather then the boring black.

Art Eatman
October 19, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm a kind of old-fashioned guy. I know that little kids, wives, daughters, preachers and grandmothers read posts at this website. This website is not the exclusive domain of a bunch of low-rent, bad-language Neanderthals.

So I cleaned up the title of the thread and went on to other things in my life away from TFL.

I come back and folks have pissed all over the thread.

No more.

In the future, I may well just delete an opening post with language which is less than gentlemanly--which makes the entire thread go Poof! into Never Happened Land.

"But, Art! Folks talk like that!" Nope. No, they don't. Not here, anyway.

Art