PDA

View Full Version : GECO/Dynamit-Nobel .25 ACP FMJ...what is this stuff?

Manedwolf
October 17, 2007, 08:28 AM
A vendor had a box at a weekend show, and it looked like very high quality, so I grabbed it. It seems like an older design of box, older fonts and colors. Box says both Dynamit-Nobel and GECO, made in Germany, 6.35mm Browning. One of the claims on the box is "oil-proof".

The rounds have a bright brass case and a steel-colored bullet, and are sealed with red sealant both around the primer and bullet base, something I'm used to with military rounds, but never little mousegun rounds. Also, the bullets stick quite soundly to a magnet held near them.

Are these just coated in mild steel, or are they something else? :confused:

stinger 427
October 10, 2009, 03:02 AM
They come 25 in a box and I had a chance to buy one box for $10.00 so that would be $20.00 for 50 rounds.
I came back later and the first box was sold. But get this the vendor was selling the last box for $20.00 double the price from before.:eek::barf: He also is selling .32 Fiochhi FMJ and Hollowpoint ammo in 50 per box for $35.00:eek:
Aren't these prices high even for the kind of ammo they are hotter than most American loads.:confused:
I still would like to purchase a few of those Geco .25 FMJ bullets but can't find them anywhere. Anyone know who sells these?

christian812
October 10, 2009, 05:45 AM
I don' know this particular caliber in GECO.
All I know is that Geco is the best quality ammo I've found in Europe to fire with my 3 semi's. The worst being WWB !
I use 9X19 / 124 gr / FMJ > very consistent in accuracy box to box / very clean.
A guy at my range asked me to keep all my brass > he say that's the best quality he found.

TheNev
October 10, 2009, 07:19 AM
Ok, seriously. This is the third time I've seen this thread.

Here in both the General Handgun Discussion, and the Semi-auto forum (by different posters, BTW!)

And also on another site. That is EXTREMELY annoying.

EDIT: I just saw the THIRD thread on this on TFL. By a THIRD poster. What is going on here?

christian812
October 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
The Nev,
This is an open hand guns forum with new guys asking questions that have been already posted > if you fell annoyed > have another beer and relax > nobody is askin' you to read or answer.
Rgds

TheNev
October 10, 2009, 10:07 AM
I'm just curious as to why 3 separate posters have posted almost identical threads.

Is there a store selling this stuff?

Usually the moderators are pretty quick about deleting or locking multiple threads.

stinger 427
October 10, 2009, 10:15 AM
Manedwolf how much did it cost for a box of 25 of that stuff Made in Germany?:confused:

christian812
October 10, 2009, 10:42 AM
TheNev,
Perform a search on Glock 19 > moderators could erase 1/4 of this forum.

TheNev
October 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe they should. Clear up some bandwith....

Stevie-Ray
October 10, 2009, 08:12 PM
I know nothing about .25 ACP, but GECO makes about the best .32 ACP ball I've found. I'll take all I can find.

stinger 427
October 11, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yes but where can you find this Geco brand for sale. I heard the loads in FMJ are still better for more penetration which is what you need in these little mouse guns.:confused:

Stevie-Ray
October 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
I've seen it only in gun shops and always buy it when I do. Never seen it in bulk/sporting goods stores and rarely at gun shows.

stinger 427
October 11, 2009, 02:25 PM
Stevie-Ray I believe this ammo has been discontinued since you don't see it on sporting goods stores or gun shows and no longer in production so it might be that whatever gun shop that sells it might have bought it from a previous owner that didn't want the ammo anymore. Maybe a vendor at a gunshow might be selling this from their personal collection.
I didn't think this ammo was that good for people to buy it on sight.:confused: