PDA

View Full Version : garand guy in NJ ??

PWK
September 21, 2007, 09:46 PM
Has anybody done business with him or know of someone who has?

I am thinking to buy one of his premium grades and wanted to see if any had referrals/recommendations.

They seem to be fine rifles and they are warranted.

Eghad
September 21, 2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.dgrguns.com/index.html

you will not be sorry....take a tour around the web site. You might pay more but it was worth it.

gdvan01
September 21, 2007, 10:22 PM
Has anybody done business with him or know of someone who has?

I am thinking to buy one of his premium grades and wanted to see if any had referrals/recommendations.

They seem to be fine rifles and they are warranted.My first (and currently only) Garand came from Tony. He answered my emails and phone calls and I received great service from him. My Super Premium is beautiful.

I have seen posts about him that were not positive but I also don't know the final outcome. I'm guessing that as certain firearms become scare/desireable any supplier may have not so favorable reviews. We're only human, after all.

Short version, based on my personal experience... I would not hesitate to use Tony for another Garand purchase.

YMMV

wayne in boca
September 22, 2007, 04:44 AM
I bought a Super Premium Garand in .308 from Tony (GarandGuy)a couple years ago.Absolutely beautiful rifle.Brought it to the range and experienced short cycling and vertical stringing.Called Tony and I thought he was going to cry.Sent it to him and had it back in a week.Don't know what he did,but it works great now,and no more stringing either.He's a great guy and an honest man.Deal with him in confidence.

PWK
September 22, 2007, 07:47 AM
I am considering to purchase either from Fulton Armory, National Match Armory here in TX or garand guy. Of the three garand guy is the least expensive so if he makes a top quality gun I'd just soon buy from him.

PWK
September 22, 2007, 08:02 AM
Eghad, thanks for the link. Prices seem right in line with the others.
They have an SA for $1299 which looks very tempting. It has an original SA barrel.

Eghad
September 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
The way he fits the stock on a rebuild is almost like a good glass bedding job.