PDA

View Full Version : Browning Eclipse

cajuncutter
September 14, 2007, 06:56 AM
I am heavily considering an M1000 Eclipse. I called browning to get some info on the gun and it seemed that I got some woman on the phone that would go between some guy and my self. All I simply wanted to know is if the same barrel came on the boss model as did the standard Eclipse. I looked at the pictures and the picture of the boss clearly showed a tapered barrel. So does anyone here own one or have any experience with one? I am wanting a 7mm WSM in a heavy barrel at a decent price. This seems to be a hard round to find in a heavy barrel gun. If any of you know of another gun please let me know.
Caj

cajuncutter
September 15, 2007, 05:30 AM
I can not believe no one here has ever come across this gun. It must either be junk or no one is willing to shuck out the dough for this gun. :confused:

jeo556
September 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
Canjuncutter,

A friend of mine has a Browning M-1000 Eclipse and It definetly has a heavy barrel and the Boss system, I believe the same as w/o the BOSS. It isn't a full "bull barrel" but It is just shy of a bull barrel if you get my drift. If I had to venture a guess I'd say the the barrel is not much less than an inch at the muzzle. If you are in the market for a bull barrel for accuracy purposes and the fact that it adds weight to the gun the M-1000 eclipse is a excellent choice. Again, its not a bull barrel but with the boss it sure as hell shoots like one. The stock is also about as nice as I've come across on a factory rifle. Good luck