PDA

View Full Version : STAG AR 15 – Left Handed Rifle

gunnie12
September 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
Anyone own, experience, comments? Are there any problems or inherent things for consideration with Stag AR 15 rifles?

dodge
September 2, 2007, 12:51 PM
I have owned a Stag Arms Model 3 for about 2 months and have put about 900 rounds through it. To say the least I'm very happy with it. With American Eagle I got about a 2" group at 100 yards but the barrel was very warm as I had just got done shooting about 20 rounds of a couple of handloads that I was testing for velocity. Most of the ammo that I've shot has been Brown Bear 62 gr. HP as this is the cheapest ammo that I can get locally. I have read that you will need to re-stake the gas key but I haven't done it yet as I don't use this rifle for anything but mostly plinking and maybe home defense.

HappyGunner
September 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
I have never read of anyone having major problems with Stag products. I have them on my would buy list.:) Stag has built rifles for many other rifle Mfg.s in the past.;)

GLK
September 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
I have two Stag lefties and have not had any issues. I did replace both of the factory triggers and also installed a 24 inch ss 204 chambered barrel and free floated handguard on one. If you do a search on CMT and Stag you'll be surprised who all they build parts and complete rifles for. If your into a total build their stripped uppers and lowers are a good choice.

RockyMtnTactical
September 4, 2007, 03:52 AM
Stag is a very good manufacturer. Expect good quality.