PDA

View Full Version : My New Piece....1911

Another User Name
August 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
Here's my new gun I got Saturday.
Springer 1911 "Loaded". They had aTRP right next to it and there was definitely a difference in craftsmanship between the two. I really wanted the TRP but that was another $600 at $1400.

The fit and finish is pretty good and the slide is pretty tight and smooth. It's a Brazil gun unfortunately but it should be fine. Not as tight and smooth as the TRP but it appears to be pretty good. It's my first 1911 and I will learn to shoot it well and I will have room to upgrade. Hope to shoot it tonight. Probably be pretty embarrassing since I've never shot a 1911 45acp before.

Thanks for the advice, it seems SA are well respected by most of you. There were very few SA 1911's in Fort Worth. Everybody had the TRP's, Mil Spec, and GI's but I only found 2 "Loadeds" in shops at Fort Worth.

Whirlwind06
August 6, 2007, 01:52 PM
Looks great! Congrats on your new purchase!

Ranger325
August 6, 2007, 02:02 PM
Congrats on the purchase 'name, I have a SS Loaded with adjustable sights. It shoots great - one of me favorites. Enjoy!!

Regards,

Rinspeed
August 6, 2007, 02:08 PM
Very nice, let us know how it shoots.

Dean407
August 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
BEAUTIFUL! Go and shoot a few hundred rounds to break her in and report back!

Valis
August 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
Excellent looking piece!

Another User Name
August 6, 2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the compliments.
The reason I didn't show a pic of the otherside is because I'm embarrassed of the idiot scratch I put on it an hour after I bought it.

Do you guys have any tricks that would eliminate or diminish the possibility of scratching the frame while installing the slide stop pin?

Now that I have a scratch, what can be done to get it out? it's not really deep. I was thinking of some super fine emory cloth and then polish it up. The only problem, I don't know if you could get the finish to match with the rest of the gun in terms of the amount of shine.

Kreyzhorse
August 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
Great looking gun. I buying a 1911 within the next 16 months for a 40th birthday gift. Let us know how it performs for you.

CGSteve8718
August 6, 2007, 09:41 PM
Do you guys have any tricks that would eliminate or diminish the possibility of scratching the frame while installing the slide stop pin?

I'm new the 1911 platform as well so don't take this as gospel but this works really well for me.

I take a small flathead screwdriver (3.0 mm/1/8") to depress the spring while simultaneously sliding down the slide stop piece along the screwdriver and pulling the screwdriver upwards and out while the piece falls in.

The screwdriver I use comes in a set made by Mustang called "6 piece precision screwdriver set" generally used for model working hobbies or eyeglass repair.

Nice gun by the way, I have the GI model. It will definitely not be my last 1911, but this is the gun I'm using to get used to shooting the platform with. It's been kind of disappointing since it's the only gun I own (out of whopping 9 total) that has given me any problems. I've had one FTE, and about 4 failure to feeds with it, with FMJ ammo too.

Taurus_9mm
August 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. :D