PDA

View Full Version : S&W Sigma new for $299!

Savage99
June 18, 2007, 03:48 PM
Is this a good deal? A dealer here is featuring the Sigma in 9mm or .40 for $299 with four high capacity magazines.

briang2ad
June 18, 2007, 03:49 PM
But, it may have been an older model.

mrawesome22
June 18, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yes.

gunhand
June 18, 2007, 04:38 PM
That price is a bit high for my area (Middle GA). You can usually find them for $250 at a larger retailer (Academy, etc.). Bass Pro sells the Sigma for $299 but they overprice everything. I bought one from Galyans back in 2004 before they were bought out by Dick's. I sold it about a year later because of the trigger being so awful.

MR.G
June 18, 2007, 06:54 PM
They usually sell for $329.00 to $349.00 around here in Florida. One dealer recently had them on sale for $299.00. They come with two magazines, and right now you can get two more by mail from S&W for free. Not a bad price for a new firearm made by a quality company, and has a lifetime warranty.

allenomics
June 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
It's a fair deal, but resale is horrible. I think the trigger pull is long and heavy. If you could spend just a bit more, your could buy a Ruger that should be a substantially better value. JMHO.

Savage99
June 18, 2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks to all for the prompt and on target replies. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I went to the dealer this evening and looked at the Sigma and its trigger is not for me at all.

I just can't aim a pistol well these days that has a long heavy take up. As you all know its fun to get that rush that your going to buy a gun. I am relaxed tonight that I came home without another one.

Once that disappointment was over I glanced at some others, and they have lots, and found a number with good pulls. They cost more but thats reasonable as I got over the Sigma.

Of the small powerful pistols that I tried the best pull was on the Colt Defender and I really don't like SA autos for defense.

http://www.centralfloridapawn.com/images/firearms/ng3491.jpg