PDA

View Full Version : What is it??

Splat!!
June 6, 2007, 08:30 PM
I done some trading and ended up with this.......
http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka226.html

Mine has a 386 in the oval not the circle, rear flip sight is pinned , sporter is engraved on it, norinco is stamped,

I have been told chinese ak sporter, chinese sks sporter, what is this gun actually called ? worth, how accurate, junk or potential

mon10
June 6, 2007, 08:41 PM
It is a Norinco hunter model

Bigfatts
June 6, 2007, 10:19 PM
It's an AK sporter with a milled receiver. Pretty good rifles, my brother has one and loves it. Only trouble is that it slam fires every now and then and is a little picky with mags. Other than that it's a good little rifle.

emmerth
June 7, 2007, 07:57 AM
These are fun guns and very enjoyable to shoot. They can also be used for hunting and are pretty accurate (at least the one I have). If you want to get rid of it, let me know.

Splat!!
June 8, 2007, 09:24 AM
Yes...shoots pretty good was ringing the gongs @ 200 yds iron sight..........Everyone is split 50/50 over what the gun actually is.........I was wanting to maybe dress it up with thumbhole stock and scope mounts, but don't know what to order for it..............Any input is welcome....Thanks

Bigfatts
June 8, 2007, 03:00 PM
Everyone is split 50/50 over what the gun actually is.........

What do you mean?

Splat!!
June 8, 2007, 05:24 PM
people I talk to will tell me it is sks.......some will tell me it is an AK sporter. I just get conflicting answers.........

Two replys on this forum .....one says norinco hunter and one post that it is an AK sporter.. Viewing different web sites just will confuse you more.........Where can someone find out 100% the type of rifle that is??

Bigfatts
June 8, 2007, 06:01 PM
It is a Norinco Hunter, which is Norinco's version of an AK that they set up more as a hunting/sporting rifle than a combat or tactical weapon, hence the more traditional rifle butt stock. Nothing SKS about it.

Here are some features instantly recognizable of both rifles:

AK:
-Safety is a large switch on right side of the receiver
-Stock is a 2 piece (butt and forend)
-Receiver cover is removed by pushing a button at rear of said cover.
-Bayonet is not attached to rifle
-Uses detachable mags

SKS:
-Safety is small and located on trigger guard
-Stock is one piece
-Receiver cover removed by pulling out a pin
-Bayonet attached to rifle
-All but a couple variations use a fixed 10 round mag

Here are articles on both:

SKS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS

AK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

This stuff should clear up your questions.

Splat!!
June 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
OK.........This is norinco's version of the AK sporter, which they call a norinco hunter..........Am I on the right track now?

So I would order parts for either a Norinco hunter or an AK sporter.........?

All my serial #'s on each piece that has numbers are the same. Does that make it a better value ?

Thank you , for your time........

emmerth
June 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
From what I can remember, the Norinco thumbhole stock for the MAK 90's will not work on this gun and I have not seen any out there that will. The receiver is shaped differently to accept the sporter stock.

It is a Norinco AK Hunter Sporter.

PUNISHER56
June 8, 2007, 09:10 PM
Nice rifle,if you ever decide to trade it,got a nice
P229 tu-tone that needs a new home.

[email protected]