PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36

slickab
May 15, 2007, 10:25 PM
I have been looking for a Glock model 36 locally. Academy says they do not carry and can not order a 36. Another dealer said he has not carried them since the recall but has no idea why they were recalled. Another dealer, does not keep in stock but will order. Is there something i need to know but dont?

Mark B
May 15, 2007, 10:50 PM
I haven't heard anything about a recall. I have read several accounts of feeding problems on GlockTalk. Maybe Glock is taking care of the issue. In spite of the reported problems, people still like them alot. Buds has 'em in OD green. Good luck
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/43/sort/3a/page/1

MythBuster
May 16, 2007, 02:14 PM
You hear a lot of BS about Glocks.

The fact about the 36 is it is the ONLY Glock model that is known for reliability problems. Some are 100% reliable and some are not.

The 36 is a slightly different design in some ways than the other Glocks in the feed ramp area and they are more likely to be ammo sensitive than the other models.

Some also have slide stop problems.

I had one for a while. I had zero problems out of mine but I know of others who had problems.

So if I was going to buy another 36 I would buy a known good used one someone I know had owned.

RsqVet
May 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
I have shot the 36 enough to say that I like it, but not enough to comment on reliability.

Any stocking glock dealer can order any glock (18 excepted) so I say hunt around for a mom and pop shop that will work with you.

BTW the recall (that I know of) was back in 2005 and pertained to the tirgger safety or soemthing along those lines... not anything directly related to feeding or reliability. Correct me if I have missed something

I do wonder if the 36 reliability reports have something to do with operators.. many calim the 26 is easy to limp wrist or otherwise screw up, I could nto make mine and I tried but others swear this is true. Knowing the finickly nature of other small 45's it jsut makes me wonder.

Logs
May 17, 2007, 05:43 AM
A guy at my sportsmen's club let me shoot his G36 and it is a very accurate gun for the size. He uses his G36 for a carry piece and shoots it every week and hasn't had any problems.

I plan on getting one myself, but I have other things on my wish list that I want first. :)

FJC
May 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
I have a 36 that I carry often. Mine has been 100% reliable for me, with a wide variety of ammo. I do agree, though, that the 36 seems to be Glock's "problem child." Some work great out of the box, some work great after a trip back to Glock. I think it's a combination of physical problems with some guns, and grip issues with a few shooters.

Mine...gotta love how big that hole looks on the business end. :)

http://www.condron.com/pics/glock/g36/g36_6031.jpg
http://www.condron.com/pics/glock/g36/g36_6043.jpg

MythBuster
May 18, 2007, 04:15 PM
If you get a good 36 you have one of the best compact .45 autos money can buy.

darko
May 18, 2007, 04:24 PM
Sadly I just sold mine today. Just another sacrifice to feed my habit of needing to buy a new gun. The 36 was a great gun and I miss it already (the photos above are making it worse:( ). Definately a worthwhile pistol and mine performed 100% perfectly. It was also very easy to carry in the waistband. Highly recommended.

denfoote
May 19, 2007, 12:10 AM
My G36 was one of the first off the boat with a born on date of 10/2000.
Since that time, the only problems had were of my own design. The only ammo I have found that it does not like are the wide mouthed Corbons.

It works, it shoots, I carry it. What more can I ask??

The Body Bagger
May 19, 2007, 02:09 AM
I love my G36.

cocojo
May 19, 2007, 08:22 AM
I own a green frame 36 and this gun has had no problems at all. Have owned another 36 when they first came out and I did have an ejection problem with this gun. I worked with a Glock Rep I know, and I found the spring plunger and rod for the extractor slightly shorter than the one which was in my Glock 30, I owned at the time. I swapped the rods in the guns and had no more problems with the 36. Sent the message on to the Glock Rep. I love my 36 and I like the color of the frame. Looks more tan than green just the right blend. I would by another green framed Glock in a heart beat.

Apple a Day
May 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
A buddy of mine has one. We took it to the range two weeks ago to try it out. It had a number of light strikes. He had a Glock rep' take a look at it.
The 'Glock certified' gunsmith who installed the Trijicon night sights screwed the front sight down so hard that the screw impinged on the barrel/skewed it slightly out of alignment with the firing pin.
Not the gun's fault. I am thinking of getting one. At 30-35 feet I was putting all the rounds in a space the size of a CD. I ain't that good of a shot but for some reason I do much better with the compact Glocks then the full-sized ones. Go figure.

Texshooter
May 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
I had one, and the problem I had was caused by the mag extension I put on it to add one more round (a Pierce I think).

Without that it shot fine.