PDA

View Full Version : Some good news from Oklahoma

HappyGunner
May 8, 2007, 12:32 PM
New law extends concealed handgun license to 10 years from the existing 5 years.:) Gov.Brad Henry signed the bill into law last week.:)

tulsamal
May 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how that will affect me? Mine expires in mid-June. I sent in the renewal packet and my $85 just a couple weeks ago. And I complained about how expensive the renewal is! (Doesn't even include the cost of getting new photos.)

Maybe I will get lucky and get a new one good for ten years?

Gregg

tulsamal
May 8, 2007, 01:22 PM
No such luck. It is crazy to charge such high fees for renewal. They have already done the background check. They have already done the fingerprints. They get the renewal app. They make sure it is totally filled out. Flunky types name and SSN into computer to make sure nothing new pops up. Takes photos out of packet and makes new license. How is that worth $85 for five years? It seems to me like the high price is supposed to deter some people from renewing.

I can go get a new driver's license for around $25. They check the computer. They take my photo themselves. They take an optical scan of my fingerprint. That data is then put on a new ID. Why is it less than one third the cost?

http://wwwtmrcom.blogspot.com/

House Bill 1742, by Duncan, allows Oklahomans to obtain a concealed carry license for either five years or 10 years. Previously, a five-year license was the only type available. The cost of the 10-year license will be twice the amount charged for the five-year license. The bill passed the House 96-0 and then cleared the Senate 43-1. Governor Brad Henry signed the bill into law last week.

kcshooter
May 8, 2007, 02:35 PM
Wow, 10 years, that would be nice. I'll have to renew 3 times in that amount of time, at $50 a pop. Missouri is only 3 years.

Maverick7340
May 8, 2007, 02:39 PM
I know people in Illinois who would love the chance to get a CCL. So I won't complain about the prices.

"The man with no shoes stopped complaining when he saw the man with no feet."

tulsamal
May 8, 2007, 03:46 PM
Wow, 10 years, that would be nice. I'll have to renew 3 times in that amount of time, at $50 a pop. Missouri is only 3 years.

Well, notice they double the fee. So ten years would be $170!

Gregg

kcshooter
May 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
Well, notice they double the fee. So ten years would be $170!

The fees for us and them both are ridiculous, but at least you don't have to go thru the process quite as often. I'd even be ok with 6 years, like my license, for $100, just for the conveinence of it.

Boone Hillbilly
May 8, 2007, 03:58 PM
its about 85 here in WV as well and lasts 5 years.. I am sure the other states where ity is hard or impossible to get a license would pay out the wazoo..