PDA

View Full Version : NFA hunting?

Maser
May 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
I know there's good law abiding citizens out there who hunt with NFA guns, but why don't they ever include hunts like that in hunting shows or magazine? I'm not saying hunting with a FA, but rather varmint hunting with a suppressed rifle or an SBR. I just think it would make a more positive image towards NFA weapons/items.

Dave Haven
May 5, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states.
Arizona Game & Fish Dept. prohibits hunting with machine guns, silencers/mufflers/suppressors, and explosive bullets. No mention of artillery in the regulations, though...:D

mxwelch
May 6, 2007, 12:31 AM
Illegal here.

elliott
May 9, 2007, 05:51 AM
You can hunt with a SBR or a suppressor in Wyoming. In fact, I am waiting for both and should have mine in a month or so.

p99guy
May 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
I used to know a rather well off person with a ranch in south Texas, and there was plenty of Javalina pigs...and they would hunt them from a
4x4 that had raised chairs welded on the front....they would belt in and the driver would chase the pigs and they armed with submachineguns (usually)
though the guy had a big NFA collection and had many different types to choose from, Would have a grand time.....not sure how that would go over on a segment of a hunting show in todays 'PC" world...but I would have loved to have tried it :)

44 AMP
May 11, 2007, 12:51 AM
For game animals is against the rules in all the states I know of (but I don't know all the game laws everywhere), but for regular game like deer, elk, bear, etc. I'm sure it would be considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

On the other hand, pest animals would be a lot of fun with a machinegun. I remember an article in the old "Firepower" magazine where a guy had a suppressed, select fire Ruger 10/22, used the 50rnd drums, and I forget what scope (maybe a red dot or night vision), and he hunted rats at the dump.

He called it his "Rat Wrecker Supreme".