PDA

View Full Version : Best holster for Glock 19?

allenomics
April 28, 2007, 08:45 PM
Can you recommend a good holster for a G19? I'd like to wear outside my pants at four o'clock. Thanks.

ShootemDown
April 29, 2007, 04:15 AM
Fobus Paddle holster !

Japle
April 29, 2007, 07:53 PM
The Fobus is OK, but I prefer the Blade-Tech (the $20 one) for comfort and speed. I've used both holsters for carry and IDPA. The B-T gets my vote. I carry my G19 in one every day.

NOTE: Both holsters have too much plastic at the bottom rear. There's no good reason to have all that stuff sticking out and printing under your cover garment. I cut the bottom 1" off both holsters and am very happy with the result.
I mentioned this to a Fobus rep at the S.H.O.T. Show and he pointed to a new holster they just introduced that's trimmed just right. Only problem is the dumb-looking "Fobus" logo on the side. A minor point, I'll admit.

I've found paddle holsters to be much more comfortable than belt holsters and much, much easier to get on and off.

John
Cape Canaveral

shooter_john
April 30, 2007, 06:59 PM
Nicest "low drag" retention available.

OBIWAN
April 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
Sidearmor

RockyMtnTactical
May 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
Depends on your personal preference and intended uses...

I have a Galco Leather Belt holster that I use for my G19.

evan1293
May 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
I've owned a number of fobus holsters and I believe the only thing they have going for them is that they are dirt cheap. Try a comp-tac holster....although you'll spend more, you'll find that its well worth it.

UH1-D Rotorhead
May 3, 2007, 03:55 PM
Like the Sidearmor for Kydex...can't beat a Mitch Rosen or El Paso for a High Ride when it comes to leather.

allenomics
May 21, 2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

stevekolt
May 28, 2007, 11:27 AM
Bianchi Snaplok or Paddlelok are very nice, and also with positive retention.

Donut
May 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
The Fobus is OK, but I prefer the Blade-Tech (the $20 one) for comfort and speed. I've used both holsters for carry and IDPA. The B-T gets my vote. I carry my G19 in one every day.

I have a Fobus GL2 RotoHolster and a Blade-Tech for my G19, I like the versatility of the RotoHolster, but the draw seems tough, and retention isn't adjustable like the Blade-Tech.

Granted I don't carry except for IDPA, but I REALLY like the cheap Blade-Tech. However, I'm looking at Comp-Tac for an IWB holster for when my CCW comes through.

Kreyzhorse
May 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
LEATHER. Take a look at all that Galco or Bianchi has to offer. Personally, I carry in a Galco Fletch and its a fine holster at a fine price. You cannot go wrong with a quality leather holster and I certainly recommend any thing from either maker listed above. Although there are many supports of the "plastic" holsters, to me, nothing holds and works better than a nice leather holster. Leather is more expensive but worth it. Don't get confused on price vs. value. Price is what you pay and value is what you get. I think long term there is a lot of value in leather holsters.

RNB65
May 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
Safariland 6377 (belt) or 6378 (paddle) are really nice if you're looking for an active retention holster.

Monty
June 3, 2007, 11:42 PM
Another fan of the Blade-Tech holsters, have one of their IWB on right now.

Monty