PDA

View Full Version : Sight Problem on my Beretta 96G Elite II

Wheel-Gunner
April 14, 2007, 01:04 AM
I took my newly aquired Beretta 96G Elite II to the range and the gun is anything but accurate!!! I had several people shoot it (resting on a table, etc), all with the same results. The gun is shooting way low!!

It has Novak sights on it. Are these adjustable in any way? There is a allen screw right in front of the front sight, but I'm pretty sure this is to remove the sight entirely.

If the Novak's arent adjustable, could someone give me a few suggestions on after market adjustable sights that would work well with this gun? I apppreciate all of your suggestions and comments.

JohnKSa
April 14, 2007, 01:26 AM
The Novaks can be drifted left or right if you're very determined. Even with the screw loosened, they're usually pretty hard to drift. Obviously that won't help you with an elevation problem.

You can shorten the front sight by filing it down, but there's an obvious limit to how much adjustment you can get that way.

Novak probably has a higher rear sight that could raise your point of impact. If you tell them how far low it's shooting at a given range, they can probably tell you how much higher your rear sight needs to be. Or I can for that matter. Installing it is another story as the dovetail can be very tight.

Ditto for an adjustable sight (my ultimate solution to my EII shooting low). It works great but is hard to install--I had a gunsmith do it for me.

I have an LPA sight on my EII. I bought it from Beretta, but you can also buy them from a company called PSI. Beretta sells an elevation adjustable rear sight that looks very much like the stock fixed sight. You swap out "leaves" in the rear sight to get different elevations.

BTW, if your gun is grouping well then it's generally considered to be accurate. An accurate gun may or may not shoot to point of aim due to sight misalignment issues, but that's usually fairly easy to fix.