PDA

View Full Version : SKS soda can launcher

samsmix
April 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
I know it's the ultimate useless accessory, but I still want one. Does anyone know where to get one of these? How about blanks to use them with?

270Win
April 4, 2007, 11:02 PM
Soda can?

I know of - and own - the golf ball launcher, from Bloom Automatic (http://bloomautomatic.com)

7.62x39 blanks are hard as hell to come by these days; luckily Bloom themselves has a huge store of old Wolf blanks, and sell them at a rate of $6 for a box of 20.

Hopefully Dan's Ammo will restock their supply!

krameel
September 7, 2011, 11:26 PM
Newbie here. I understand this is an old thread but I still wanted to post.

The SKS can launchers are incredible...the whole range stops to watch. Hard to find but there are specs on the internet to make your own.

New mfg 7.62x39 non-corrosive blanks are available at ammoman.com

Cheers!

Mark
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa77/mottobur/Blanks1.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa77/mottobur/Blanks2.jpg

Jim243
September 7, 2011, 11:32 PM
Cool, I've got to get some dummy garnades for my Yugo, I can see the range officers going ape when I put one on my SKS to fire.(LOL)

Jim

Mike Irwin
September 8, 2011, 06:14 AM
Damn, I wish I had known about these a couple of years ago when I had access to a friend's farm on which to shoot.

Unfortunately, those days are now gone.

chris in va
September 8, 2011, 11:02 AM
So, do these actually launch a 12oz can of soda or just the name they're given? I've seen the golf ball versions.

FrosSsT
September 8, 2011, 06:01 PM
I understand that this launcher was developed shortly after the success of the T shirt launcher by angry beverage servers who worked at sports stadiums and needed a more timely manner to get their product from A to B....:rolleyes:

krameel
September 9, 2011, 01:22 AM
"So, do these actually launch a 12oz can of soda or just the name they're given? I've seen the golf ball versions."

These SKS can launchers are insane! They send 12oz(full)coke cans 300+ feet in the air or knock down anything in it's path. We buy 6 to 8 twelve packs of cheap soda to take to the range. After shooting ARs & AKs for a couple hours...everyone takes a break. We pop one in the air...the place goes nuts. We invite everyone over to try it. I've had people take pics and videos. Fun stuff!!

Mike Irwin
September 9, 2011, 06:50 AM
You don't have to worry about the blank bursting the soda can on launch and covering everyone and everything in soda?

Or do you use some sort of cardboard wad?

krameel
September 11, 2011, 01:14 AM
:(

raftman
September 11, 2011, 02:32 AM
You gotta keep in mind the SKS was designed to launch Russian steel-canned sodas. :D

banditt007
September 11, 2011, 08:11 AM
might i suggest no-name brand SELTZER. Its only carbonated water....no corn syrup, dyes ect in it to make a huge mess.

Palmetto-Pride
September 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
might i suggest no-name brand SELTZER. Its only carbonated water....no corn syrup, dyes ect in it to make a huge mess.

Smart------Thats one of those "Why the hell didnt I think of that"!!!:)

Mike Irwin
September 11, 2011, 05:55 PM
But sugar-based sodas are far better for perimeter defense...

Jim243
September 11, 2011, 07:11 PM
You gotta keep in mind the SKS was designed to launch Russian steel-canned sodas.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL That's a good one.

Sea Buck
September 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hmmmmm sounds like a god excuse to buy an SKS!! I wonder if that launched could be adapted to a Garand or other rifles. What is the golf ball launcher like? Where can these be purchased? Looks like fun!

essohbe
September 12, 2011, 04:46 PM
7.62x39 blanks are hard as hell to come by these days

Register with Century Arms, they probably have a trillion of them. I have some 80's manufacture I still haven't blown off yet, I think I got 500 at a time.

Have fun cleaning after using those things...

krameel
September 14, 2011, 09:37 PM
Non-corrosive 7.62 x 39 ammo blanks available at www.ammoman.com

C-ya