PDA

View Full Version : H&K or Sig?

MontyCop05
March 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
Next purchace being made in the next month. Buying either a H&K P-2000sk in .40 or a Sig 226 Blackwater, or Possibly a 229. Im a Glock guy, own a G23 x2 and a 27 that a nomaly use as a carry. If i get the H&K that will also be a carry option as well. Shot Sigs many times and want one. Same with the H&K. Their CDA trigger is a dream. Any thoughts that may sway me? As of right now im leaning with the H&K.

HappyGunner
March 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
Since I have bought two HKUSPCompact's it's a no brainier for me IMHO HK has the best quality and Engineering much better then Sigs. All one has to do is watch this Video to see how well HK defends their quality of building and testing their firearms.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASSJuijmS-E

Keep in mind the P2000sk is a very small .40sw and if you know small .40sw as your G23 and the P2000sk has a much shorter bbl. then the G23 you will understand it's not a fun shooting range handgun. But it's not designed to be one.;)

Jason_G
March 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a big fan of both H&K and Sig. For .40 S&W though, I would definitely try out the Beretta PX4 Storm. To be honest I was absolutely shocked at what a sweet shooter it is. Hardly any recoil, and very accurate. It also takes about a second to field strip it. As far as I know reliability has been almost flawless with them as well. All three are excellent guns, you won't make a mistake with any of them. I just thought you should at least the Beretta before making up your mind.

Jason

Austin HiPowers
March 25, 2007, 08:10 PM
I'm also a big fan of both H&K and Sig. You can't go wrong with either one. I own a HK USPc 9mm. I would go with the Sig 226 Blackwater. It is a hell of a deal, considering all the extra's (5 mags, extra grips etc). And the 226 platform is working well right out of the box.
Just my $ 0.02:)

NukeCop
March 26, 2007, 01:43 AM
I'd go with Sig. Their pistols are top of the line,(SigLine?). Another thing to consider is warranty. I DO NOT know first hand, but I've heard that HK doesn't give too much ocnsideration to the American civilian shooters....

chris in va
March 26, 2007, 01:48 AM
Don't use WWB in that Sig 229! Holy cow, my friend just bought one and it stovepiped every single shot with the stuff. Blazer didn't do that.

It's been discussed the recoil spring is probably overpowered, causing the partial ejection. Boy my friend was pissed though.

Axion
March 26, 2007, 03:29 AM
I've put a lot of WWB through my 229 with 0 problems. Maybe there is something wrong with your friends.

Logs
March 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
My two favorite handguns to shoot are the Sig 228 in 9mm and my HK USPc .45 acp. Can't go wrong either way.

Waldog
March 30, 2007, 09:38 AM
I spoke with the Armorer in Artesia, N.M. that maintains the armory at the Federal Law Enforcement Traing Center. (They train Border Patrol, Air Marshall, DEA, and other Federal Law Enforcement agencies). He primarily maintains SIG's and H&K's with a few Glock's. He told me that when they first got the H&K USP pistols in they were kind of looked upon as a plastic disposable gun. But, that opinion changed rapidly!! He said that his SIG's come in for repair FAR MORE than the H&K. He then told me he has a H&K range gun (used for daily training) that has more than 26,000 rounds through it and it has NEVER JAMMED OR FAILED TO FUNCTION OR HAD A MECHANICAL FAILURE. He also stated that he has about $40,000 in repair parts for the SIG's and about $1500 in repair parts for the H&K. I have a H&K USP Compact in .40 S&W that I have about 7000 rounds thru. It has never jammed and never had a failure of any kind. It's a GREAT pistol.

RevolverLover
March 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
Next purchace being made in the next month. Buying either a H&K P-2000sk in .40 or a Sig 226 Blackwater, or Possibly a 229. Im a Glock guy, own a G23 x2 and a 27 that a nomaly use as a carry. If i get the H&K that will also be a carry option as well. Shot Sigs many times and want one. Same with the H&K. Their CDA trigger is a dream. Any thoughts that may sway me? As of right now im leaning with the H&K.

What will you use them for? The reason I ask this is because the H&K is like a subcompact and the SIGS are fullsize/compact guns. Either way, I would still go with the H&K.

MontyCop05
March 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
I shoot all of my guns on a regular basis, usually bout once a week. Thats wit the exception of my AMT 380. I dont usullay shoot that one that much maybe a few rounds for pratice. My Glock 23, 27, and AMT Backup are all carry weapons. If I were to get the H&K it would also be a carry. However i would shoot it at the range once and a while as well. If i got the a SIG, I highly doubt i would ever carry that. I would be almost primarily a range gun. I was thinking the 226 blackwater cause its comes with like 5 mags and i have yet to own a 9mm.

fattsgalore
March 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
Both are top dollar combat pistols, you can't go wrong either way. To this day I still dream of a USP in 40cal or 45. But have been looking into purchasing a Sig CPO P229 haven't found one yet.

Willy T
March 30, 2007, 06:10 PM
Fatts...I believe Wildalaska on this forum can hook you up on a CPO SIG. Im him. No matter his beliefs....he can get a deal.

The Body Bagger
March 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
Stick with what you know in the Glock. One trigger system.

'75Scout
March 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
I know they are both great weapons. I rented a USP 9mm at my range and I wasn't overly impressed. I liked it and it shot well, but it was not any better than any other quality combat auto. I personally much prefer Sigs and I don't find my 220 to be heavy at all. It's what I'll be carrying on duty and through the upcoming police academy. I just prefer the metal frame and the quality feel and tight fit. Plus the 220 fits my hand like it was made for it.

hknut
March 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
You can't go wrong with either pistol. I have both Sig's (220 and 229) and a USP. I like the Cocked and Locked feature of the USP.

MontyCop05
March 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
Bagger, its not the trigger system im worried about. But to Scout, the 9mm that you rented, was it the CDA tigger sytem? If not then thats not the one i am buying. The H&K i am looking at is the sub compact in .40 with the CDA trigger. Its a am awesome system, very smooth.

'75Scout
March 31, 2007, 01:00 PM
I don't know what trigger system it was. I know is was Da/Sa and had a manual saftey. The trigger wasn't that bad, but it did have alot of creep and felt a little spongy. I also thought it was overly large, grip texturing was too aggressive, slit/frame fit was too loose and mag was very loose when inserted. It was the full size USP and I have only tested 1 trigger system, but is wasn't my cup of tea. The P2000 and P2000sk models do look like they would be a better choice for CCW, but I still prefer my Sig to HKs.

357 sig 229 sauer
April 1, 2007, 07:33 AM
The US Air Marshalls,Navy Seals,and Secret Service are Highly funded agencies that make their handgun selection with no regards to price

They all choose Sig

I live my 229 and 239,just wish they made a sub compact

Prolanman
April 1, 2007, 06:59 PM
It's really all personal preference. I have a P226 Navy and a P229 in 9mm. I also have a P220 Carry. On the HK side, I just picked up a P2000 V-3 9mm. Ran a couple hundred rounds through it today. Not one problem at all. I've never had a problem with any of my Sig either. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

Hotdog1911
April 5, 2007, 09:21 PM
Sigs 'handle' better. During the High-Speed-Pucker-Factor drills, Sigs index left to right quicker & more accurately and in less time; for me.

I'll second the notion that HKs are more robust. Period.

With that said, I think 50 thousand problem free rounds -downrange- is worth paying for an over-haul or purchase of new Sig Pistol as a replacement. Who knows? Maybe one or two of those rounds I'll need to be a quarter of an inch to the left or quarter second faster. MS-13 Members around here don't give keyboard commandos like me too much waring before they stop-by for a little excitement.

Willy T
April 5, 2007, 09:40 PM
What is CDA trigger with the HK? How does it differ from the LEM?? I haven't heard of it. :confused:

TACHop&Pop
April 6, 2007, 05:35 AM
Both are great pistols, its more of an Apples and Oranges type thing. You won't be disappointed by either.:D

wth?
April 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
Buy both, and then send the one you like the least to me!

Personally, though, I like the Sig better. HKs are nice, but pretty pricey for a poly frame. Sig does ave a better reputation for customer service than HK, but have no experience with either.

PSP
April 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
Willy T What is CDA trigger with the HK? How does it differ from the LEM?? I haven't heard of it.

Look here http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg85-e.htm

Wyo Cowboy
April 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
Which fits in your hand better? I know a lot of LEO's who swear by the SIG, but I found that the HK fits better in MY hand than a SIG. Both have a great reputation and I am fortunate that my agency issued me a HK for duty. Handle both and go with which ever feels best... you can't go wrong.

Airborne Falcon
April 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
SIG hands down for me, but I admit to being SIG biased. BTW, neither of my 229s in 40 S&W have any problems digesting Wally World White Box Value Pack ammo.

HappyGunner
April 6, 2007, 11:36 AM
Unless your just a range hound "do most shooting at a range" The only time how well a handgun fits or feels in a ones hand is when it's really needed to defend ones life. At that time if your going to be wondering how your handgun is feeling you really might consider getting a shot gun.:)

cocojo
April 6, 2007, 06:29 PM
I much prefer the HK p-2000. I own two one in 40 and one in 9mm. I also own a Sig228. Good shooting gun but I like the HK a lot more. The P-2000 is smaller than the 228. The HK P2000 SK is real small and too small for my hands. The P2000 fit my hand like no other pistol. I like Glocks they are great for the money, but HK is my choice hands down.
HK P2000 night sights, and Lem trigger, either caliber;)

Willy T
April 6, 2007, 11:49 PM
So it is the same old LEM trigger. They just renamed it? Marketing I guess.

1man
April 7, 2007, 07:12 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

They are my top 2 favorites. I have;
5 HK's - USPc40, USPc357, USP45CTv1, (2) USP45T

5 Sig's - Trailside Competition, P229(40/357), (2) P245's, P220 in 38 Super

HK compacts feel better to me than Sigs.
I love them both, can't go wrong with either!