PDA

View Full Version : .32acp vs. .380acp ballistics / 2" barrel

Playboypenguin
March 16, 2007, 07:15 PM
Can anyone lead me to any information on the ballistics comparisons of a .32acp and a .380acp out of a 2" barrel???

I am trying to decide whether to buy a .32acp NAA Guardian or wait and get the slightly larger .380 NAA Guardian.

If the ballistics are within 10% I would just as soon go with the .32acp pistol.

Bill DeShivs
March 16, 2007, 09:20 PM
There is not enough difference for me to get the .380. It is a very heavy gun. The NAA .32 is almost too heavy to pocket carry comfortably. And yes, I own one-and a Tomcat, and a Keltec.
Bill

Deaf Smith
March 16, 2007, 09:44 PM
Flicking boogers might be a bit faster that those two out of a 2 inch tube.

Ok, kidding. Powerball, Cor-bon ammo, will not expand from a P3AT barrel (but will from a PPK.) Just not enough steem to do the job.

When you use a very very short barrel, from a blow back pistol, well don't expect much.

I personaly use a P3AT as my hidout gun. While I use Mag-Tec JHP, I am under no illusion it will expand. I just hope the cookie cutter front does better than a RN-FMJ.

NCHornet
March 17, 2007, 08:03 AM
Playboy,
I just went through this same decision and found the ballistic difference to be so close it wasn't a hard choice to go with the smaller size and weight of the .32ACP. I found a link, I believe it was on the NAA forum that showed the differences between the two. The 32 is 5oz lighter that the .380 which is a lot in the pocket. Don't understand the comment about the NAA 32 being heavy, because it isn't, at least not to me. I carried it all day yesterday after picking it up from my FFL and I hardly knew it was there. I can't wait for my custome leather to get here. Mine has the gutter sniping, if you can find one of these I highly recommend grabbing it. There aren't that many out there as it is a $150 option. I realize sights on a gun this size are kinda stupid, but if you are going to have sights these are the only ones to have. If I didn't find this one I was going to have the factory sights removed off a reg Guardian. NAA really should follow Seecamp and AMT and not have sights at all, or maybe a shallow groove cut in the top of the slide would be fine. External sights are just snag hooks in a pocket. If you have any ? about the Guardian or Seecamp or AMT I will be glad to help you. The Seecamp is designed around the Silvertip round, all others may or may not feed properly. The Guardian will digest many different rounds. I had the AMT 380 and it was a solid gun but the reliability was not 100%, it was a early model though. Good Luck on your decision. There is a really nice 32 Guardian on GunBroker with gutter snipe and the carry package done to it. The guys reserve is $500, but this really is a nice gun. The custom shop work is $250 alone. Like I said any ? just ask me.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/NCHornet/3-14007.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/NCHornet/3-14008.jpg

Bill DeShivs
March 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
NCHornet
The NAA .32 is very heavy compared to a Keltec P32. I have ADDED Keltec P11 sights to my NAA Guardian. They are highly visible, but won't snag on anything. http://pauliechromatic.com/BillDe2.shtml
Bill

NCHornet
March 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
Bill,
I didn't mean to imply that the Guardian is not heavier than the KelTec because it is, afterall it's made from SS not plastic. What I meant to say is the weight is not a factor in the ability to carry the gun, or weighing down your britches.
Thanks and I like the sights you added.
NCHornet

Kas
March 17, 2007, 04:43 PM
There's a link on Keltec's site that show a variety of .380/.32 ammo out of Keltecs in geletin.

Bill DeShivs
March 17, 2007, 05:51 PM
NCHornet
The Keltec is not made of plastic, either. The frame is aluminum. The grip frame is plastic. The weight may not be a factor for you, but it is for me. I do really like the little NAA-enough that I have begun engraving mine, have lightened it, and contoured it. I still prefer the K/T for pocket carry, though.
Bill

NCHornet
March 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
To each his own. Enjoy!:D

mikedsokc
March 19, 2007, 11:48 PM
This may be what you are looking for...
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot26.htm