PDA

View Full Version : Cz 527?

boltgun71
March 13, 2007, 10:07 AM
What can you guys tell me about the CZ 527, specifically in 7.62x39mm? Is it any good? How accurate is it with quality factory ammo? Is there any aftermarket wood/laminate stocks available for it? I may be interested in getting one for the wife for a hunting and plinking rifle. She prefers blue steel and wood in a firearm. I think the 7.62x39mm chambering is just the ticket for a real low recoil rifle, fun to plink with the cheap ammo, and a good 150yd and less whitetail and hog gun with the quality ammo. What do you guys think? Anyone else make a bolt action 7.62x39mm rifle? I was considering a Mini-30 but am worried about it reputation for accuracy.

DPris
March 13, 2007, 10:14 AM
The one I tried in that caliber a while back was a nice little rifle. Wasn't the most accurate rifle I've ever shot, but was far from the least. Recoil was light.
Not aware of any aftermarket stocks for it.
Denis

mikejonestkd
March 13, 2007, 10:31 AM
I have experience with the CZ rimfire line and they are nicely crafted and finished firearms. Good wood, deep blue finish, and good metalwork. The ones I have shot and seen shot were also above average in terms of accuracy.

I would assume that the centerfire line is also nicely made.

pesta2
March 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
Do not know about the CZ 527 but I have CZ 550. I am really impressed with the quality and the price. Mine is in .357 H&H it came with a 100 meter target when it was test fires, 3 shots in an inch! See if you can look at one at a shop and ask if you can see the test target if is come with one.

USNairman
March 13, 2007, 02:54 PM
The CZ 527 is generally a sub moa rifle with the right ammo. They have great triggers and some can of fabulous wood. I own many different makes of rifles and the CZ 527 is my favorite under $700 small bore, centerfire bolt rifle. Also CZ offers the 527 in various laminates and Richard's micro-fit stocks sells after market ones I believe. In my opinion and experience, you cannot go wrong with any CZ.