PDA

View Full Version : Stoeger O&U questions

trooper3385
March 4, 2007, 12:55 AM
My father-in-law just gave me a new Stoeger O&U 12 guage and I was wondering if anyone knew much info on them. I've heard of the brand before, but thats about it. A guy that rents a building from him apparently didn't have all the rent money and gave him this gun and a new bull barrel Savage 22-250. He already has 5 Browning Citori's, so he gave me this one. It's a Stoeger Conder I with the 3 in. chamber. It says it imported from Brazil. Both sides of the reciever are engraved and it has removeable chokes. I know it's not in the same ball park with the Citori's, but hey it was free. Anyone have any experience with one of these or know anything about them. Don't worry, I won't get my feelings hurt. No one spent any money on it.

rantingredneck
March 4, 2007, 12:59 AM
My father in law owns one and dove hunts with it regularly. I've downed a few doves with it over the last 3 or so years. It's an OK dove gun. Certainly not in the same league as the higher ends, but functions and shoots well IMO. Never had any mechanical issues and it hits where you aim. My one complaint is that the ejectors don't eject very hard. Sometimes gotta remove the spent shells by hand.

Diggers
March 4, 2007, 03:33 AM
They are a inexpensive gun. However alot of people seem to like them. Of course you will hear people say "you get what you pay for" about them. (I bet some one will post that here. :rolleyes: :D )

A lot of Cowboy action shooters use the Stoeger coach gun and really seem to like it. I have read many posts of people shooting 1000's of rounds through those guns with no problems.

I am thinking about getting the Stoeger Uplander. Its a SXS, I want one in .410 just for fun and maybe quail hunting. From what I have read they are pretty solid guns.

Here is a link to read more about Stoeger.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=98&sid=90dacdf961ed2736078fa5865a32cc99

deanadell
March 4, 2007, 08:21 PM
Here you go Diggers:

"You get what you pay for"

In the case of a Stoeger, you get a reliable, well made firearm. :D

I've owned my 12 ga. condor for about 6 years. Bird hunt with it and shoot clays semi-regularly. No complaints.

Just bought an UPlander 20 g. SxS this weekend. Hope to get it out and shoot it this weekend. Bought it for CAS competition, but since they didn;t have the "coach" gun on the shelf, I bought the regular field gun.

Diggers
March 6, 2007, 02:51 AM
LOL :) Thanks deanadell. :)

Have you shot your Uplander yet? Hows it feel?

deanadell
March 6, 2007, 10:15 AM
Nope:( Was sick all weekend. Got it cleaned and put together, then just sat there looking at it......Brand new shotgun.....two boxes of shells........partly sunny and 62 degrees on Sunday.......Couldn;t tell if it was the flu or not taking that baby out to the sporting clays range that was making me feel so bad.....:barf: