PDA

View Full Version : Trigger jobs on XD-9mm Service Model. Questions.

Andrew LB
March 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
I apologize if this has been gone over many times before. But I'd like to get a trigger job for my XD-9mm Service model to add to my upgraded TRUGLO Tritium Fiber Optic sights and Canyon Creek Tungsten guide rod w/#22 spring.

I'm considering sending it off to Springfield to have them do it at their custom shop but I would believe that there are other smiths around (hopefully close to SoCal so i don't have to ship it around the country) that can do an excellent job.

My goal is to like to alter the over-travel, reset, and pre-travel. Considering I only use this weapon at the local range and as a self defense weapon in my house..... just to defend me till I can get to the shotgun I keep close by in my closet yet well hidden. Factory trigger pull is about 5lb-6lb if I recall correctly and i'd like to cut that down to a reasonable factor. Considering the pistol also has a grip safety, I feel safe to have the trigger pull pretty light.

My S&W .357 magnum model 66-2 while isn't used for home defense (i would like to not go deaf or have it go through three walls and kill my neighbor if fired indoors) has a "hair trigger" which i'm sure none of these available trigger jobs would match in terms of sensitivity. I've read that 2.5lbs is popular.

If any of you can give me some recommendations into various smiths who can do the job and what kind of concerns I may have it would be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone knows of a good smith in SoCal, that would also be very nice and convenient for me. If not, i'll send it out to Springfield and have them do the work.

Thanks in advance,
-Andrew