PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Millennium Revolver

wieremablaster
February 28, 2007, 04:22 AM
I picked up one of Cabela's Millennium 45LC Revolvers and after a thousand rounds, I want another one. It's not pretty I guess, I could care less about that. But I've been very surprised at the quality and price. I shoot wax only so no lead rounds have been through it. My opinion may not mean much to someone that's gonna fire real ammo through it, but I've done a lot of quick draw point shooting type of abuse to it. I use large pistol primers and wax. I got some different springs and such and was happy to find that this revolver has a coil hand spring which I was not expecting. Now I worked on it some, but I enjoy doing that it wasn't something that had to be done. I thought the action was pretty good right out of the box and was sort of dissappointed in a way cause I was looking forward to changing springs and making it nice. The trigger bolt spring broke at about 800 rounds but I was expecting that and it would have happened in any priced revolver. I had replacement parts waiting so no problem and no fault of the gun. I don't do any fanning or slap cocking just fast thumbing and point and shoot. I haven't changed the main spring or the coil hand spring. I put in a wire trigger bolt spring to see if I like that but it almost seems to squissshey. I read a lot of pro and con about the Millennium before buying and I was sort of expecting to be sorry, but I'm very happy. I looked up schematics for different revolvers and the millennium has the same "innards" as more high end revolvers. So if you don't mind the cosmetic thing, I shoot in my basement so it don't bother me.Well I wanted to maybe help someone who's looking for a new revolver and might be considering the Millennium. For what I do it works great for me.

klcmschlesinger
February 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
I bought one of these as well, but not from Cabela's. I did some research and found out that it was an Uberti (Italian) made gun. The price was real right and the gun is a hoot to shoot. I have shot around 500 rounds through mine, all lead, and no problems at all. I am getting much more accurate with it even up towards the 50 yard mark. Not hitting quarters or anthing but stumps and the like. I second the initial post, that if someone is looking for a fun 45lc single action revolver for price, it can't be beat.

Mark Milton
June 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
In his book, Sixguns, Elmer Keith mentions modifications that can be made to a SAA style revolver that will avoid some of those parts breakages.If you can find a good gunsmith to do the work, it will be worth it, I was told once by a guy who used to perform in Fast Draw tournaments back in the 50s and 60s....

oldmaster111
June 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
Just a side note. Gun Tests magazine rated this revolver better than two other competitors, one of which was the Berretta stampede and the other I can't remember, but they both cost double what the millenium cost.

wieremablaster
February 12, 2008, 03:07 AM
I posted about a year ago that I had put about a thousand wax bullet rounds through my Cabela's revolver and was pretty impressed. Well, it's still going strong no problems. I've put probably 15 to 20 thousand rounds through it now. Just large pistol primers and wax. I still haven't fired any live rounds in itl ( I have no place to shoot outside) I put a Wolf wire bolt spring and that worked great till it seemed like it might be kaput. I went back to the flat spring and I like that too. They both worked great for me. Haven't broken the flat spring yet so I guess I'm getting better. I've never owned a Colt or a more expensive single action so I guess I have nothing to compare with. But I sure am happy with it. If I ever upgrade I'll use my Millennium for dry fire practice, it'd sure be cheaper than those dry fire revolvers they want 3-4 hundered dollars for!! If anybody can't stand the Millennium they got, I wouldn't mind a couple more! The price has gone up so maybe you can get something better for around the same price now I don't know. That's something I'd really have to investigate before I bought another from Cabela's. Hope this helps anyone interested in this revolver.

CraigC
February 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
After 15-20 thousand rounds I bet your draw is fairly snappy and you could fold a quarter in half with your right thumb. ;)