PDA

View Full Version : Custom Python Work...

coltboy75
February 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
I went to the gun show today and after selling two pieces in the first ten steps had cash to put back into the economy. I found a 6" stainless Colt Python in great shape. Here is the catch the gun was converted to DAO and the bobbed hammer and trigger had been "jeweled". I liked the look. The owner said it was used for target shooting. The action was very very smooth, even compared to bone stock 4' Python. I made an offer and walked away with a new revolver.

Because the gun was used for target shooting the owner had a small area near the top radius of the trigger guard "scored" for better grip. The area was done well, but sticks out like a sore thumb. I was thinking that a good custom revolver "artist" could cover this up like a bad tattoo. I think the entire trigger guard may need to have some sort of effect done to it, but at least it would be uniform.

Could anyone out there throw out some names of custom gun makers you would recommend for this unique project? I thought I might check the 1911 guys since they do alot with the frontstraps.

Thanks
~coltboy75

Dfariswheel
February 18, 2007, 01:06 AM
A top revolver custom shop is Cylinder & Slide:
245 E. 4th Street
Fremont, NE 68026
(402) 721-4277
http://www.cylinder-slide.com/

C&S is world class and is one of the VERY few places that are qualified to work on the old Colt action.

Personally, I'd look into having the altered trigger guard welded and re-surfaced back to original.

coltboy75
February 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info. I will call them on Monday.