PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Hb 2528

Patricia Stoneking
February 16, 2007, 03:17 PM
Kansas HB 2528 amends the current CCH law. It takes away all power from any city, county, township, municipality or subdivision of the state to pass ordianances that regulate anything to do with firearms or ammunition. There will be a hearing at the Capital in Topeka on Tuesday, February 20th in Fedeal and State Affairs Committee at 1:30pm in Room 313-S which is the old Supreme Court Room. Everyone is encouraged to attend. The key legislators introducing this bill are Candy Ruff and Gary Hayzlett who have been avid 2A supporters in our legislature for many years. They need the biggest show of support possible for this bill. This bill is being supported by the NRA and the KSRA. Please attend the hearing if at all possible. Also, write to the members of the committee in support of this bill. If you need a list I can email one to you. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

The key points are:

1. Cities will NOT be able to pass any ordinances of any kind with anything to do with any aspect of firearms or ammunition.

2. Cities will NOT be able to post NO CCH signs on any property or facilities that are not already in the Statutes on the State list of No Carry places.

3. Places that are listed as No Carry zones in the Statues on the State list will be required to post the state approved signs.

4. Private Business Owners (NOT CITIES) will still be allowed to post state approved NO CCH signs at their discretion.

5. People with misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence will not be able to get a CCH permit.

This bill is more clearly worded and removes all doubt about who can do what.

gonzo53
February 16, 2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll write my state senator and representative today.

Patricia Stoneking
February 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
The legislators that need to hear from you right now are the members of the House Federal and State Affairs Committee. If you need the list just email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to send it to you.