PDA

View Full Version : Cz 82 help

tomdean1000
February 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
I have recently bought an older CZ 82. I made a bit of a mistake in removing the the trigger guard. When i knocked out the pins to remove the trigger guard the slide stop spring fell out as well as the slide stop. I can not figure out how to reinstall the slide stop spring. If anyone can assist me with this, I sure would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Tom

candr44
February 12, 2007, 10:41 PM
I have no personal experience with this problem but there is a forum member who has had the same problem and posted their solution. Try doing a search here or on The High Road forum and see what you come up with.

Don't lose that spring because you can't get a new one from CZ. CZ's fix is to replace it with a CZ 83 upgrade that requires drilling a new hole in the frame.

tomdean1000
February 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
Thank you for the help. I will see what i can find

tomdean1000
February 15, 2007, 09:39 PM
I am still coming up empty on a blueprint with the level of detail I need. If anyone owns a 82 and could take a picture of the slide stop spring installed it would be a great help.

thanks

PSP
February 16, 2007, 10:02 AM
I do not have a picture, but I'll try to help. The advise on NOT LOSING the spring is dead on...don't lose it.

The spring should look like a straight line with a "U" shaped bend near one end. The other end fits into the slide release lever. While fitting the spring into the lever you must do so while sliding the spring between the frame and the top most pin. The "U" goes around the pin and is all that holds it in place. This operation required three hands, two vises and tweezers to accomplish.:D ...well almost...good luck.

Found a link that might be of some help. http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm68.showMessage?topicID=396.topic At least there are other folks at the above forum to ask help of.

tomdean1000
February 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
my spring has an L shape not a U shape. I U shape makes a lot of sense. My spring looks like the one from the 83. I wonder if it has had some work done before I bought it.

Thank you again, and thank you for the link.

Tom

PSP
February 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
The L shaped spring is indeed the newer CZ83 spring. You need to drill a tiny hole in the frame to insert the short side after you insert the long side into the slide release. I put a small drop of epoxy ontop of the hole after inserting the spring in order to keep it there.

BTW you must remove the pin above the spring.

tomdean1000
February 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Not sure I am comfortable drilling the whole myself. I notice you are from VA any chance you are northern VA? I really do not know any gunsmiths in my area.

Thank you again for your time

Tom

PSP
February 19, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'm in Stafford, just below Quantico. PM me with your phone number with a day and time to chat. It isn't hard to fix. The problem is getting a narrow enough hole to keep the spring in and not sloppy enough that it pops out.