PDA

View Full Version : Sig P226 vs P226ST (stainless)

IM_Lugger
February 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
do you guys think P226ST (all steel, stainless) is worth the extra money? it's also about 8oz heavier...I handled one it looked very nice :)

any P226ST owners here?

BigJimP
February 7, 2007, 07:02 PM
I have the stainless model in 9mm and one in .40 Yes, I think they're worth the money.

The standard 226 has an alloy frame - and I'm not saying it isn't a fine gun - but the all stainless gun, in my opinion, will be a better looking gun for many more years than an alloy frame gun.

The standard 226 comes with more options - without a rail in the SAS version, there is a DAK trigger in one version. But if you like the standard DA/SA Sig trigger system, and I do, then personally I think the stainless is a nice gun to have and a good investment. I think you'll see the prices go up over $1,200 on this gun in the next few months - but I don't have any inside info - but the dealers have been told a price increase is coming.

'75Scout
February 7, 2007, 10:54 PM
I rented a Stainless 220 to shoot along side my alloy 220. I was looking for a decrease in recoil and increase in controllability. There wasn't much of a difference, so far as I could tell. But I did notice the weight. I would not want to carry a stainless one around all day. The benifit of the weight in taming recoil is outshadowed by the increase in presentation time and fatigue.

But both are excellent, so get which ever you like more.