PDA

View Full Version : Filled a hole in my gunsafe today.......

rantingredneck
January 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
I've been without a .22LR pistol for way too long and today I did something about it. Went to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh and picked up this Ruger MKIII 22/45.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the deal I got on it.......$260.00 Cash NIB out the door.

http://www.rantingredneck.com/evolution/media/Ruger2245.1.JPG
http://www.rantingredneck.com/evolution/media/Ruger2245.2.JPG

These two targets were shot today at 20 yds free handed. As you can see from the comparison the gun seemed to like the aquila ammo much better than the remington thunderbolts.

Those of you who own and shoot .22LR target pistols, what ammo works good for you?

topspin43
January 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Those of you who own and shoot .22LR target pistols, what ammo works good for you?

Depends on the gun eating it.

My bucky likes CCI Mini-mags and Stingers.

By the way... if you can shoot like that from 60 feet with a new pistol wit no optics...
QUIT YOUR DAY JOB:rolleyes:

rantingredneck
January 20, 2007, 09:15 PM
I've got some stingers in the safe and a half brick of federal HP's didn't have them with me at the time I was shooting this today or I'd have tried them. I bought the aquila at the gun show too. 13.99 for a 500 round brick. Never had tried it before. Seems to do OK in the Ruger.

I'm glad you like my shooting.......:D

I've got a Simmons 4x32 that I've used on my SRH .454 that I'm going to try out on this one. I'll still probably end up putting a BSA or comparable red dot on it at some point, but thought I'd try out what I have on hand first. Once I get that mounted and put a few rounds downrange I'll report back on how it works.

Shane Tuttle
January 20, 2007, 09:26 PM
+1 on what topspin said on your marksmanship.:eek:
I've used .22 thunderbolt on my Springfield 87A rifle and it eats it, just not real accurate. I had a MkIII, and like your targets, it HATED it. It shot well with the Federals I had laying around.

SKS NUT
January 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
Nice find you got.I wish I could take a pistol right away home.I would have to wait about 1 week before I could take it home.

akr
January 21, 2007, 03:09 AM
I've been without a .22LR pistol for way too long and today I did something about it. Went to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh and picked up this Ruger MKIII 22/45.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the deal I got on it.......$260.00 Cash NIB out the door

That's one purchase you'll never regret, that's for sure.

Iceman12
January 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
My MK II loves any Remington for some reason, thunderbolts or the hollow points. Tried Winchester and CCI's but both had feed problems, Has never hicupped with Remingtons.

Haterade
January 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
My Ruger MKIII really likes the Federal Champion bulk stuff. It absoutely hates those Thunderbolts you are using... not to mention the lead gums up everything.

Nice pistol and good shooting!