PDA

View Full Version : Warning about "Product Wizard"

Number 6
January 19, 2007, 11:26 PM
Just a "heads-up" to those who may have considered using this NON-supplier for equipment.

We ordered a competition belt and holster from this electronic entity in early December with a given ship date before Christmas. The stuff STILL has not come.

More significantly, the "status link" shows NO update since the order was received on 12/5, the e-mail "link" on the update page doesn't and the "Wizard" has not responded to the e-mail sent via its order page.

Don't waste your time or your money on this fraud. :barf:

NCHornet
January 20, 2007, 08:58 AM
Same goes for a company called Botach in LA, CA. Ordered a flashlight on 1/6 and still don't have it. Five emails and a phone call and finally got a response. Basically if you don't like our service go elsewhere, which is what I will do.
Buyer beware.

FirstFreedom
January 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hmmm.... I had great service (quick delivery; no hassles) if you're talking about Botach Tactical...

http://www.botac.com/

Thanks for the warning on the Wizard place.

NCHornet
January 21, 2007, 09:09 AM
Yep, That's the one, you were one of the lucky ones. Do a search on several gun forums and you will soon see how lucky you were. The weird thing is they know they have a piss poor reputation and don't care about it. The funny thing is they have something 6 different departments to send an email to, making you think this is a good size distributor. Truth is, owner and right now one employee, all the emails go to him (David) and very few get returned.
Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket! LOL!!

raymond-
January 21, 2007, 03:09 PM
complaints regarding Botach have been posted on just about every gun board
for years. seems the pattern might even be categorized as quick shipment on
those foo-foo things like 123 batteries, but much more problematic on something
like Aimpoint low mount, ie which may require a bit more finesse in securing or
drop shipping. in the end, it has been well established that with Botach, your
chances are weighted towards delayed or no-show.

Number 6
January 26, 2007, 04:51 PM
It is now 52 days after the order was placed and 35 days since the promised ship date. It is also two unanswered e-mails and three phone calls later.

"Steve" sent an e-mail to the WRONG account. looking for a new credit card number to ship the goods that were promised 5 weeks ago. Twice I called to speak with him; twice he was "busy with a customer, but would call right back."

Two MORE calls to him over a period of 2.5 hours later, I got to speak with the "Wizard;" i.e., the little man behind the curtain. I told him - as per the e-mail he ignored - that the order was cancelled. Given his specious claims and documented failures to perform as promised, there was no way in Hades he was getting MY credit card number!

I suggest those shopping take their business elsewhere. :barf:

Right Wing Wacko
January 26, 2008, 03:53 AM
I too am having issues with the Product Wizard. I ordered a Don Hume holster from them around Christmas. The order page still shows no updates and three emails to them have gone unanswered.

The last email was sent to their paypal address and bounced! That has me worried.

I guess I should have done a bit more research before ordering.

NCHornet
January 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
Man you went digging for this thread!! I too was burned by Product Wizard, but finally got my money refunded. They will not return emails, you must call them to get any action out of them. If you want to deal with a company with excellent customer service. Try these folks, owned by a retired LEO who was injured on the job and forced to retire, great people to deal with, tell Cissy or Paul that Kevin Lancaster said hello.

http://www.officerstore.com/

rdrancher
January 30, 2008, 12:36 AM
Product Wizard is a joke.

I ordered a DH holster for my SP101 from them in early Dec. Luckily I paid with PayPal and they (paypal) put a hold on it.

No holster, but they didn't get my $ either.

Never again!

rd

parrothead2581
February 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
I have ordered from the Product Wizard. Here is my take.

Not everything they list is in stock. I have ordered holsters and such, before and received them promptly. I ordered a Safariland for a SigPro and waited a couple of weeks, with no response and no holster. I finally called and was informed it was on backorder and was expected to be in stock in X amount of weeks. I just cancelled my order then.

I have thought about ordering other things, however I have called them to see if it was in stock before I order. Most of the holsters (I'm left-handed) seem to be on back-order.

Your best bet? Call and check on the status of your order. If you're considering ordering, call and make sure it is in stock, as it seems they're not too keen on informing consumers they'll be on back-order.

I have since moved on to Packin" Heat Leather or Midway for Bianchi or Galco leathergoods.

DMK
February 24, 2008, 11:42 AM
I ordered a Don Hume holster from the Product Wizard website too. Never got it. Multiple emails got no response. I kept checking my credit card for a charge from them, but never saw one so I finally gave up.

Luckily, I eventually found the holster I needed here in the classifieds forum and bought it from a board member.

Walter
February 24, 2008, 01:08 PM
+ 1 on the OfficerStore. I bought a Luminox watch from them a
couple of years ago, and couldn't be happier with the product and
their service. :D

Walter

COYOTE165
November 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
I ordered from them about a Year ago,I think it was a Holster & received it within a weeks time,No problems, Even spoke to them on the phone,About an order.I think that they were locted in New Jersey some where.? Now today, I went to look up their web site again & it is no where to be found,did they fold up the company or what.?:confused::mad:

tgreening
November 13, 2013, 07:42 PM
Holy Zombie Thread Batman!

You realize this thread passed on near 6 years ago, right?

Brian Pfleuger
November 20, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thread died in 2008